Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2 Door Brawler Rockers

Old 03-19-2011, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2 Door Brawler Rockers

I got my 2-Door Brawler Rockers back from the Powder Coaters on Friday... Along with the Brawler Lite bumper...

Anyway, bumper went on in 20 minutes. Painless!

Brawler Rockers on the passenger side! Not painful, but the nut-serts require attention...

I'll post a mini writeup when I'm done. There are a few tricks along with a mod to the nut-sert insertion device which should save someone (like me) their sanity. Also a few tricks on installing these with Bushwacker flat flares in place as there is overlap.

Pics to follow...
Old 03-20-2011, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Here's the passenger side. Done. Onward...
Old 03-20-2011, 01:19 PM
JK Freak

Did you give any thought to bedlining them? I am considering ordering these and don't know if I want to go the powdercoat way (yours look sweet by the way) or trying to bedline them myself? Any thoughts after working with these?
Old 03-20-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looking good! How much of a step do these have? I'm looking at some sliders to replace my factory steps, but I want some that have a decent step, or at least something to protect the side from having mud slung on it from the front wheels... More pics, please!
Old 03-20-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed the 4 door version. PITA to install those damn nutserts!!! Had a pro shop do it with me and still had a hard time. I have the Bushwacker pocket flairs that required some trimming of the side armor but that went smoothly. Painted the whole thing with AEV touch up spray, only 2 cans, that gave a very nice textured finish Put a lime green vinyl piece behind the spider cut out that contrasted nicely, IMO, with the tango mango paint. Lastly, used black caulk along the edges to fill any gaps and help prevent corrosion. The shop owner was so nice, only charged me $200.00 (8 hours of both of us working together, damn the nutserts) and included installation of two PSC dif covers. Would post pics but too tech stupid to know how and too lazy to learn.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Decent step. Measures about 3.25 inches from the tub (or rather the armor on the tub).

I didn't think about bedlining them as I have raked powder coated stuff across these here Arkansas rocks before and a can of Krylon looks pretty good. Didn't want to keep a can of Herculiner around for the aftermath. Went with 20% gloss black. Matches everything well.

I'm going to try to knock out the driver's side this week. I'll finish the writeup with more detail pics of the install and bushwacker trim then.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

Lookin good!!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

Following this as I have the same fenders and am interested in the sliders as well.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks sweet! If you don't mind... What did it cost to powder coat?
Old 03-24-2011, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Well they are on!! Working on the write-up... I'll show the $1.25 mod to the install tool that made a big difference on putting the nut-serts in.

Powdercoat cost is tricky. My buddy and I both got PSC brawler lit front bumpers, my 2 door brawler rockers, his front skid for the bumper. Coated all at once, my part was ~200...

My local dealer (PSC), Convergence Technologies hooked it up!

Quick Reply: 2 Door Brawler Rockers