Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 door wrangler want 2.5 budget boost.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 door wrangler want 2.5 budget boost.

I want the Rough country 2.5 inch bb with shock extenders does anybody have this on a 2 door with pics. Also drive shafts should be fine just dont want to do this lift and mess up the drive shafts at this time.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepsta
I want the Rough country 2.5 inch bb with shock extenders does anybody have this on a 2 door with pics. Also drive shafts should be fine just dont want to do this lift and mess up the drive shafts at this time.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the TF 2.5" BB with shock extensions and original shafts with no issue. I know it's not the RC BB, but I'm going to assume they are similar. I know a lot if people who run a BB without drive shaft issues, but a lot of it will depend on the amount of "actual" lift you get from it. Netting 3" should be fine, but as I've said, people have stated that in time your boots will tear and shafts may or may not need replacing. I've not ran into this issue and very happy with my BB. Just make sure you get longer sway bar links for the front and break line relocates for the rear. Your kit may or may not come with the links but should come with the break line relocates. Hope this helps.... Throwing in a pic to show you the TF 2.5" BB just to get a feeler for what it will look like with a 2.5" BB.... Also I have rubi coils which brings my JKU to a little over 3" of lift.... Hope this helps.... I'm sure the RC rep will chime in about the kit components....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1501714702.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	155449   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3219588637.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	155450  
Old 04-30-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NebRedrocker
2.5" Rough Country BB with 33x12.5's on stock moabs w/1.25" spacers. I put on some extended disco's up front and have yet to put the lowering brackets on for the brake lines. But I have disconnected and it flexes real nice, no issues with driveshafts at all. Curiuos if you have bought the bb yet. I am thinking about taking mine off and I'd give you a heck of a deal on it.
if you take it off. How much ??

Last edited by 01rc51; 04-30-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NebRedrocker

There is no way you can get more than 2 1/2"s out of a bb. They are spacers and built at a specific size unlike springs which have different rates like heavy or light duty.
What if you have bigger coils than someone else running the same BB, would that statement change... Like dirtman stated, a 2" puck is a 2" puck, but if my coils are larger, than I will gain more than the 2.5" lift... Next time I'll make sure I'm more specific...

Last edited by Battlefrog; 04-30-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Make sure you get new swaybar links! I had to move my rears to the front. Now I'm waiting on new links while my rear swaybar is zip tied to the frame. And get extended bumpstops. Honestly, your so much better off and will save money in the long run if you get the TF BB instead. I wish I did!

Quick Reply: 2 door wrangler want 2.5 budget boost.