Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2 more months till I get my lift!

Old 02-07-2014, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2 more months till I get my lift!

Well like the title says, I will have my lift in two more months! I am beyond excited! Even my wife is excited! After months of research I think I have narrowed it down. What do you all think? Am I missing anything? This is simply the starting point, there will be other add-ons as time goes by and I figure out what else I need/want. This is my daily driver, I do not foresee any rock crawling in the future, mainly mud and sand and that won't be happening all the time. My hope is that this will improve the ride quality a bit and of course improve the look of my Jeep. Please feel free to chime in and give me your thoughts/opinions. Thanks!

Teraflex 2.5" spring lift with shocks

Teraflex Adjustable track bar

Pro Comp 7069 in flat black, 17x9

Wrangler Duratracs, 315/70r17

Old 02-07-2014, 12:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll be happy with that set up.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your next investment will need to be Lower Control arms. It may be a little "flighty" on the highway until you have the caster corrected.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your not going to be on the rocks I would get Rancho Control Arm drop brackets. Instead of LCA.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2014, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool, thanks for the suggestions. Was already thinking of control arms. I think the next think might be a tuner, thinking DiabloSport Trinity.

After that who knows, I know I am wanting some sort of side rails/steps, front and rear bumpers, Teraflex hinged carrier, lots o lights everywhere, that beautiful Tom Woods drive shaft, more decals, etc...
Old 02-07-2014, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

I have pretty much everything you mentioned. 2.5 TF coil with bilstein 5100 shocks. JKS adjustable track bar, the kit comes with a rear drop bracket. 315/70/17 Duratracs on 7069's. I added the TF LCA's but it was definitely tolerable without them, I would suggest to wait and drive it first. I don't do rocks because there isn't any where I am but it handles great in snow, sand and mud. You'll want a programmer or procal to adjust for the tires. All in all you will be happy with it for sure. There are pics in my profile.

Last edited by SpicedCrusher; 02-07-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
I have pretty much everything you mentioned. 2.5 TF coil with bilstein 5100 shocks. JKS adjustable track bar, the kit comes with a rear drop bracket. 315/70/17 Duratracs on 7069's. I added the TF LCA's but it was definitely tolerable without them, I would suggest to wait and drive it first. I don't do rocks because there isn't any where I am but it handles great in snow, sand and mud. You'll want a programmer or procal to adjust for the tires. All in all you will be happy with it for sure. There are pics in my profile.
Great Thanks! Nice Jeep btw. What made you choose the Bilstiens over the TF shocks?
Old 02-07-2014, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

No specific reason. I've had Bilsteins previously on a few trucks and was happy with them so decided to stick with them. Some say they find them stiff but I don't really notice. I went back and forth between the 5100 and the Fox 2.0's but got a good deal on the Bilsteins.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
No specific reason. I've had Bilsteins previously on a few trucks and was happy with them so decided to stick with them. Some say they find them stiff but I don't really notice. I went back and forth between the 5100 and the Fox 2.0's but got a good deal on the Bilsteins.

Sounds like a good enough reason... gonna have to look into that! Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2 more months till I get my lift!