Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2007 JK Unlimited x front bumper mod question

Old 11-30-2007, 10:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2007 JK Unlimited x front bumper mod question

Ok I have the Mopar rails and the bigger off road tire mod from the dealer but that is it at this point and I'm diving into my first "real" modification. I want to get a bumber like the Olympic Rescue Bumper but it is not available and I can't get a commitment as to when news ones will be available. Any suggestions on a like bumper?

This is the first jeep and I'm not sure of all the right options but I'm pretty sure I want one that is similar to the clearance and simplicity of this model. I want to use the factory fog lamps as well as add 2 more and I'm debating the winch as there is just basic trails around here. Should I reconsider a bumper with the 2" receiver? I'm not sure what it would be used for unless its so the winch can be removable. Please any advise would be great as I plan next to get the rear bumper and then work on the tires.

Last edited by NE Wrangling; 05-04-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

price is way different but your recommended bumper comes with skid plate. Need to get the tube separate so overall it's 300 more which explains why this other one is not available due to shortage.

I like this one allot however.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:56 PM
JK Super Freak

it's 299.99.

Comes with winch and front grill protective tube made from 2" heavy gauge round tubing. Includes two light reflectors, a product is in development to be offered in the near future which will allow you to install O.E.M. fog lamps.It will be sold separately.Manufactured from ¼" solid steel plate steel. Stubby width is only 33 5/8" wide. Available in your choice of three powder coated finishes: Rubicon (textured) Black (4) and High Gloss Black (1). Pre-order yours today for delivery in January.

I'm not sure if the site is a vendor I can mention here. In any case I've seen it locally on a guy that was going 4 wheeling on a 2 door 2004 model and it looked pretty sweet with his 33" tires.

My plan is to get a 2-4" lift but the issue will be cost and what I'm willing to sacrafice over the next year.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:03 PM
JK Jedi Master

$369.00 At Nates4x4

Old 11-30-2007, 04:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Lod has a model that is also similar but it runs 439.00

661.00 for the shrockworks model.

Seems like the shrockworks is way over priced comparingly. LOD doesn't have the winch guard unfortunately. I guess I can get in line and wait a few months.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At Nates 4x4 you can also add a 2" receiver to the front for only $30 more.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:47 AM
JK Super Freak

good catch as I did mean winch plate. I'm gonna go for the shrockrock one. I tried contacting nates to see if it can come painted but no one answered the line.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

what about rugged ridge?

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=15925

and they make end caps and hoops you can attach. I saw them in person when i was getting the rails installed on my Jeep. Looks good and quality is great
Old 12-01-2007, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

LoD is in the R&D phase on a tube for the front and I talked to them a couple months ago so It should not be much longer....The idea from what I remember was to have the tube come high enough to protect hood and radiator in event of a rollover similar to POISON SPYDERS .....I am not sure if it is what you are looking for ???????
Old 12-01-2007, 11:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rock Hard?

This Rock Hard might work for you:

http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/cart...?prod=RH5001-B

It's listed at $479 but it looks like what you're looking for.

Quick Reply: 2007 JK Unlimited x front bumper mod question