Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 exhaust/drive shaft issue

Old 06-29-2012, 08:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello fellow jeepers I recently got a 12' jkur and I already know about the drive shaft issue, but I should be installing the TERAFLEX 2.5" coil lift here soon, 4wd said it will be here Monday Yay!, but I also ordered an je reel 1310 heavy duty front ds and I was wondering if I can install the shaft after the lift or during the lift installation. Plus does anybody have any good tips for the ds install, I would like to do it myself and save some $$$ for other parts, thank u
Old 06-29-2012, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob-o
Hello fellow jeepers I recently got a 12' jkur and I already know about the drive shaft issue, but I should be installing the TERAFLEX 2.5" coil lift here soon, 4wd said it will be here Monday Yay!, but I also ordered an je reel 1310 heavy duty front ds and I was wondering if I can install the shaft after the lift or during the lift installation. Plus does anybody have any good tips for the ds install, I would like to do it myself and save some $$$ for other parts, thank u
This help?

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Jeep JK Wrangler Coast Front 1310 Drive Shaft Installation Write-Up
Old 06-29-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Junkie

Hey Thanks a lot darkscion0, it's funny cuz I look at project jk's site all the time and I didn't even see that write up, Thanks again
Old 06-29-2012, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

You're very welcome. Youtube has installation videos on just about every product you could bolt or weld to a Jeep. Another great resource.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just installed the Teraflex BB and at full droop with shocks attached and swaybar disconnected it was the drive shaft was hitting to the tune of almost half an inch and this is just with shock extensions.
My question is does 4heelparts have the teraflex exhaust spacers in stock since I need to pick it up local and get it installed this week. I can't find it on their site.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:34 PM
JK Newbie

Guess ill have to wait an see if mine does the same at full droop.lol
Seriously tho, I have plans also to install a terraflex kit. Which kit did you use.
Anyone have anything good to say about the springs that come in the kit, compared to Rubicon springs
Old 07-02-2012, 09:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThePalmBeachYeti
Guess ill have to wait an see if mine does the same at full droop.lol
Seriously tho, I have plans also to install a terraflex kit. Which kit did you use.
Anyone have anything good to say about the springs that come in the kit, compared to Rubicon springs
I got the budget boost with shock extensions no springs or shocks, i ran this set up on my 07 with teraflex wheel spacers and 35's with no issues.
That's why I went with it again for 2012 but 35's will have to wait. But I need that exhaust spacer installed by Friday.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:02 PM
JK Junkie

After taking a good look underneath I now see what a big difference the 2012 has in comparison to the previous 3.8's. The new drivetrain has a pretty severe angle pointed downward towards the rear. On my bone stock sport the rear drive shaft is actually angled slightly upward toward the axle and the front driveshaft is of course pointed much more downward toward the axle. It's going to be interesting to find out what new problems and solutions come about over the next couple years because of these new differences.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

I would just buy a driveshaft. I got the afe ypipe. Installed the ypipe and a 4.5 inch lift. Everything was good but after a thousand miles the seal failed on my driveshaft.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

I hear at 4 inches of lift the relocation of the exhaust needs to occur. The guy who did my install was hesitant on even installing the relocation kit. He said unless I have plans on launching the jeep 3 feet in the air I should never have an issue with the two rubbing. While I dont have plans on launching the truck I told him to go ahead withthe install. I think the guy was lazy since the installation of the lift was set by the dealer. I think he was just trying to get out of work.

Quick Reply: 2012 exhaust/drive shaft issue