Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 JK Clutch Options?

Old 06-09-2016, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 JK Clutch Options?

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to replace my clutch, not sure which route to go. If I'm going to be replacing the clutch I want to put something good in there that will last. I was leaning towards either a Centerforce or a SPEC Stage 2+. Any info or suggestions would be a great help.

Thanks
Old 06-09-2016, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Center force is very good.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

I'd also be interested in this
What difference would an aftermarket clutch make
Old 06-09-2016, 05:49 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I just replaced mine with the center force dual friction and their flywheel in my JK. Put the dual friction clutch in my JKU about 4 years ago with the factory flywheel. The center force flywheel is 20lbs heavier which should help at low speed to prevent stalling but I can feel a loss of power going up steep grades on the highway.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I just replaced mine with the center force dual friction and their flywheel in my JK. Put the dual friction clutch in my JKU about 4 years ago with the factory flywheel. The center force flywheel is 20lbs heavier which should help at low speed to prevent stalling but I can feel a loss of power going up steep grades on the highway.
Do you remember which kit you purchased? I'm checking out the Centerforce website, but it looks like all the kits need the Centerforce fly wheel?
Old 06-09-2016, 08:19 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

You don't need to use the center force flywheel only a new OEM or have your resurfaced.

Quick Reply: 2012 JK Clutch Options?