Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 JKU Auto with regear and limp mode - have Superchips Trail Dash

Old 06-16-2014, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 JKU Auto with regear and limp mode - have Superchips Trail Dash

So I regard my 3.6L auto JKU Rubicon to 5.13 for 37" tires. After regearing the vehicle went into limp mode. I've tried adjusting the wheel size and gear ratio to represent the changes but it continues to go into limp mode. Tried to research the answer as the new Trail Dash states it is compatible with 2012. Anyone have experience with the Superchips Trail Dash? If so how did you get it to work? I found once source that suggested having the dealer re-flash the computer and then set the gear ratio prior to driving it, anyone with first hand experience. Planned to test out my 37" tires but this limp mode may prevent me from making my trip this Wednesday.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drenton
So I regard my 3.6L auto JKU Rubicon to 5.13 for 37" tires. After regearing the vehicle went into limp mode. I've tried adjusting the wheel size and gear ratio to represent the changes but it continues to go into limp mode. Tried to research the answer as the new Trail Dash states it is compatible with 2012. Anyone have experience with the Superchips Trail Dash? If so how did you get it to work? I found once source that suggested having the dealer re-flash the computer and then set the gear ratio prior to driving it, anyone with first hand experience. Planned to test out my 37" tires but this limp mode may prevent me from making my trip this Wednesday.
Go to their website and see if your trail dash needs to be updated to work with the 3.6, they have the same part number for the 07' and up
Old 06-18-2014, 04:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are you sure the limp mode is being caused by the gearing and isnt something like a disconnect on a sensor?
Old 06-18-2014, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For anyone else, my solution was AEV Procal. Worked in under 2 minutes!
Old 06-19-2014, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CoreyZ
Are you sure the limp mode is being caused by the gearing and isnt something like a disconnect on a sensor?
Sensor shouldn't put it in limp mode. plenty of JK driving around with broken sensors. It will just show the abs light for repair.

Have you got this fixed? Should be able to set it back to factory settings then reset it to your current set up. If that dont work than a tripto the dealerwill be needed.

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU Auto with regear and limp mode - have Superchips Trail Dash