Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2013 JKU 3.6L Pentastar forced induction ( Supercharger / Turbocharger )

Old 05-01-2013, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 JKU 3.6L Pentastar forced induction ( Supercharger / Turbocharger )

I've seen that RIPP has a supercharger in the works for the '13 3.6L. I'm curious if this is the only forced induction equipment available/in the works for the '13 engine/JK model?

Cheers!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Innovate Motorsports (sprintex) will be releasing theirs late summer early fall
Old 05-01-2013, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Magnuson will be offering an intercooled supercharger for the 2012+ JK's this year. I emailed them and they responded back with availability by October at the latest, but probably earlier.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm hoping Prodigy releases a turbo kit soon
Old 05-01-2013, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by R3PTAR
I'm hoping Prodigy releases a turbo kit soon
From what I remember when the 3.6 was just coming out, was that everyone was commenting on how it was perfectly setup for a turbo.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:35 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Septu

From what I remember when the 3.6 was just coming out, was that everyone was commenting on how it was perfectly setup for a turbo.
X2. What I heard too was that they are supposed to even release a turbo direct injection pentastar to compete with ecoboost. But of course it wont be available for jeeps
Old 05-02-2013, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was unaware that anyone made a turbo for the jk. I like that prodigy makes a kit, hopefully it will be available for the 3.6, I will purchase it after my warranty ends.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Septu
This was my feeling when I first bought the thing, after driving and tooling around with it for 6 months I'm only more convinced. Hopefully by the time the warranty runs out someone will have a tried and true turbo for the 3.6L

Last edited by Smokestack Lightning; 05-02-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smokestack Lightning
This was my feeling when I first bought the thing, after driving and tooling around with it for 6 months I'm only more convinced. Hopefully by the time the warranty runs out someone will have a tried and true turbo for the 3.6L
I have another 5.5 years of warranty... so I'm sure when mine is over that something will be out. And to date I'm more than happy with the power (even with my heavy 33s). Up steep hills is tolerable (not the same power it had with the stock Rubi tires), but it's not bad. Will see how it feels when I pick up my trailer in June. Originally the plan was to go 35s, but the trailer could change things.

My Procal should arrive in the next couple of weeks. Will see what changing the tire size accomplishes.

Quick Reply: 2013 JKU 3.6L Pentastar forced induction ( Supercharger / Turbocharger )