Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which 3 inch lift kit wins in the flex dept?

Old 01-06-2007, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 3 inch lift kit wins in the flex dept?

I am a newbie here and I want to say I have really enjoyed reading all of the good info on this site.

I just got a 2007 JK rubi (6 speed) and I have a need for some height. Since this will be daily driver I intend to leave the 32's on it for daily driving to and from the office. I will get an extra set of wheels and tires that I will put on when I go wheeling. I will likely go with 35 inch BFG Krawlers on 15 inch wheels.

Anyway, my question is what do you all think is the best 3" kit out there for the JK? Looking for good highway manners and additinal articulation when off-road. In the past Teraflex has built some great lift for TJ's, etc., so I am leaning this way but would love your feedback on this.

Regards,

Ted
Old 01-06-2007, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

From a number of good sources I've heard "Rubicon Express" is going to have a good lift. That's what I've discided to go with on my Rubicon.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:57 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey IFSAR, welcome to JK-Forum
Regarding your question, it's kind of hard to say for sure right now especially since everything is so new. If you've had good expriences with TeraFlex in the past, that might be a good indicator as to what you can expect with their JK products. For me personally, I have only seen the SuperLift and Full Traction kit in action. And, of the two, the Full Traction kit has done wonders. Certainly, Mel from Off Road Evolution has already taken his JK Sahara Unlimited on a 4" FT kit through Disney, OK and the Sledgehammer with Kevin of 4Wheel Drive & Sport Utility (same lift but 3" version) and there are pics to prove it.

Originally Posted by William
From a number of good sources I've heard "Rubicon Express" is going to have a good lift. That's what I've discided to go with on my Rubicon.
Let me get this straight... you just "heard" that Rubicon Express is going to have a "good" lift and that was enough for you to decide on it? If you don't mind me asking, could you please elaborate who your "good sources" are and maybe even enlighten us as to what they migh have told you to convince you to buy Rubicon Express?

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-06-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

If ORO designs their air-bag ride like they have for the TJ I would say go with that.........it's everything you're looking for.

On the realistic side though.........the lifts are too new for anyone to truly give you a solid answer.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

Sorry to derail the thread, but its for just a second i promsie. Hey Military Jeeper, what the hell is your avatar???? Ive looked and looked and cant for the life of me figure out what it is! Here are a few things i think it might be... Is it possibly a burnt car? brown lawn mower? An incect? remote control car? spider? dog turd? burnt cardborad box? a skateboard?

These are the only things that came to mind while looking at the picture. I cant for the life of me tell what it is. Help me out here. lol thanks
Old 01-06-2007, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ericdewayne
Sorry to derail the thread, but its for just a second i promsie. Hey Military Jeeper, what the hell is your avatar???? Ive looked and looked and cant for the life of me figure out what it is! Here are a few things i think it might be... Is it possibly a burnt car? brown lawn mower? An incect? remote control car? spider? dog turd? burnt cardborad box? a skateboard?

These are the only things that came to mind while looking at the picture. I cant for the life of me tell what it is. Help me out here. lol thanks
Its a transmisson of some sort.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info guys. In the case of the full traction system, do the new arms improve articulation as well or do they primarily help with road manners by correcting caster, etc.?
Old 01-07-2007, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

I haven't heard whether or not the rubicon express lift for the JK is any good, but they are releasing a long arm kit, I think. From seeing and riding previous rubicon express lifts, they perform pretty well flexing and ride quality.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:35 AM
JK Freak

ok well from what I've seen most "short arm" kits are prety much the same BUT what will make a diff for flex is the arms. what you want is a kit that has arms that have either a "uniball" or "heim" type joint on one end, those types of control arms improve the flex of the lift way over the stock bushing style arms...
Old 01-07-2007, 07:48 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 4drblur
Its a transmisson of some sort.
That's what I'm seeing

Originally Posted by IFSAR
Thanks for the info guys. In the case of the full traction system, do the new arms improve articulation as well or do they primarily help with road manners by correcting caster, etc.?
Absolutely and significantly over stock.

Originally Posted by wilson
I haven't heard whether or not the rubicon express lift for the JK is any good, but they are releasing a long arm kit, I think. From seeing and riding previous rubicon express lifts, they perform pretty well flexing and ride quality.
Hey wilson, welcome to JK-forum. Just out of curosity, what kind of JK are you getting/have already or was the need to give RE a plug the only reason why you signed up this morning and made this your very first post?

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-11-2007 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Which 3 inch lift kit wins in the flex dept?