Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3"LA vs 3"SA ~ 1st hand experience wanted

Old 10-28-2010, 05:42 AM
rws
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3"LA vs 3"SA ~ 1st hand experience wanted

I'm stuck on deciding between the 3" FT Ultimate or the 3" FT LA.. What I'm looking for here is first hand experience from people who have experienced these two setups (regardless of make), and what the difference in the performance is. Looking for feedback on 3" LA vs a 3" SA with all 8 adjustables installed. Not 4", not 6" - 3" only. What I'm most concerned with is on road performance.

This Jeep sees trails, and hits the beach alot during the summer (4x4 accessible only, meaning crossovers and PU's usually get stuck), so it's not a road queen, however we do not rock crawl - been there, don't enjoy it. Also, we have a little girl, who is a miracle to us and is with us ALL the time. She loves the Jeep, so ride quality is VERY important to us. Is the 3"LA worth the extra money? Does it ride any better than a 3" SA lift with 8 adjustable control arms?

Look forward to your feedback and first hand experience. Thanks guys
Old 10-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Former Member

I know I work for the company, but I ran the 3" short arm on my Jk and then switched to the 3" long arm. (same coils and shocks) It made a noticeable difference in ride quality on the highway.

We have a couple guys on here that made the switch and love the kit (mituk being one of them). its even better now that we have switched to the SRS (silent ride system).

The Ultimate kit is now SRS.

Send 08YELLO-RUBI a message, he just drove my JK over the weekend.

Last edited by Full-Traction Suspension; 10-28-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:24 PM
rws
JK Enthusiast

That's exactly what I wanted to know - Thank you!! Love to hear from the guys that run them too..
Old 10-28-2010, 12:47 PM
JK Super Freak

I have a 4" long arm and could not be happier. The ride is better then stock. On and off the road , the ride is great. More work to install but you will not be disapointed.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

I'm also in the market for a lift. I was able to talk with the Full Traction guys and surprisingly 2 of the owners at JK Roktoberfest and I got a lot of info. Just last weekend I was able to drive Chris's(Full Traction) JK with a 3" LA and what a BIG difference on driving my stock JK afterwards! The ride was very smooth and soft copmpared to my stock and I even took chris's JK over speed bumps and dips with out stopping and it handled great. I hope this helps!

Last edited by 08YELLO-RUBI; 10-29-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:45 AM
rws
JK Enthusiast

This helps alot - thank you guys!! We do everything as a family, and the Jeep really brings us together to do alot of things outside with each other. Important to us, and with small kids, comfort is VERY important.. I'm sure all th parents in the forum know exactly what I'm talking about. More LA guys, give your feedback!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:21 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rws
I'm stuck on deciding between the 3" FT Ultimate or the 3" FT LA.. What I'm looking for here is first hand experience from people who have experienced these two setups (regardless of make), and what the difference in the performance is. Looking for feedback on 3" LA vs a 3" SA with all 8 adjustables installed. Not 4", not 6" - 3" only. What I'm most concerned with is on road performance.

This Jeep sees trails, and hits the beach alot during the summer (4x4 accessible only, meaning crossovers and PU's usually get stuck), so it's not a road queen, however we do not rock crawl - been there, don't enjoy it. Also, we have a little girl, who is a miracle to us and is with us ALL the time. She loves the Jeep, so ride quality is VERY important to us. Is the 3"LA worth the extra money? Does it ride any better than a 3" SA lift with 8 adjustable control arms?

Look forward to your feedback and first hand experience. Thanks guys
well, i've run an FT 3" ultimate kit and 4" long arm kit and while the height of the 2 may not be the same, i can tell you that the experience would be. if ON road comfort is what you're looking for, a long arm kit will help restore your control arm geometry to being that of stock or close to it and by virtue of it, will offer a much better on road ride.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

From the research I have done I will be putting in an order for the FT 3in Long Arm next week,
Old 10-29-2010, 06:50 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by grmncrsnbr
From the research I have done I will be putting in an order for the FT 3in Long Arm next week,
Give me a call when your ready

Quick Reply: 3"LA vs 3"SA ~ 1st hand experience wanted