Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3" Lifted Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Pics

Old 09-26-2006, 09:10 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I wonder if over time there will be some heat issues with the brakes with 15's. My brother in law had a Ford truck that wobbled when he put on the brakes. Turned out they put the wrong rims on and the discs warped from heat. It was only a couple of months old.
Hmmm, you know, I suppose it is possible... but I doubt it. Either way, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough as more and more people get their JK's and start modding them up.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:12 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bLITZ
thats exactly what i want my JK to look like! Same color, lift, and tires!! WOOT!!!

Only thing that i would have done differently, is throw a nice set of bead-lock rims on there, probably polished with a red bead-lock

As far as the whole tire thing, here in ontario canada cops are way more worries about pulling over the so called "street racers" than guys with lifted big bunned jeeps
How nice. I've actually gotten pulled over in my CJ for not having any mud flaps if you can believe it
Old 09-26-2006, 10:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats why I dont live out in Cali like you hippies! lol
Old 10-07-2006, 10:27 PM
JK Freak

havent bought any yet. I think im gonna go with the 16x10in black rock crawler rims with 35x12.5R16 Swamper TSL's
Old 10-07-2006, 10:29 PM
JK Freak

I know its the wrong thread to ask but since we're on the subject if im buying 35x12.5 tires should i go with a thinner rim than 10"? can i? and would would be the advantages/disadvantages of that?
Old 10-07-2006, 11:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think with the wider rim you leave yourself more suseptable to rock damage to the rim. Also, if your air down your tires you have more chance of the bead coming off the rim.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Question What about Teraflex???

Does anyone have any pricing? Maybe I am out of it but I had not really heard much about Full Traction until this sight. Are they really good? Is Teraflex, because I had not heard much of them either? 3" lift for $700 with shocks is kind of high for a shorty kit, isn't it? Granted you can fit more with less but it is still the same components just for the new model.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

i think bushwacker is already on it i saw some stuff where they have factory replacements witht he boltholes in them they looked pretty cool

Quick Reply: 3" Lifted Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Pics