Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

33" tires need help/information

Old 04-14-2010, 07:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a picture of a set of 33x12.50R17 STT's awesome tires awesome wearing, quiet for a Mud-tire, great in the mud, snow & rocks but not so great on ice. These tires are just a good as my Toyo M/T's on my Dodge Ram. I am running a 4.5BS rim with no rubbing issues. With stock rims you will require spacers.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:11 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Some useful links about wheels and tires on the JK ...

Modified Tech FAQ--Wheels and Tires

Tire Size Converter: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Metric_To_Inch_Tires.html

Regarding 33" tires and rubbing: It's really a very complicated issue, as you may be able to guess from the fact that some folks have it and some don't. I happen to have light, but "acceptable", rubbing when wheeling hard with lots of articulation. You can look at my signature/profile to see my configuration (well, except I just switched out the RC 2.5" BB for the TF 2.5" coil lift, and can't state for certain that I will continue to have rubbing). BTW: My 33" tires actually measure 31.25" to get correct speedometer calibration with the Hypertech programmer. Here are a few requisite pic's of my rig ...

Photo by HighRlr ...
Old 04-23-2010, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Here is a picture of a set of 33x12.50R17 STT's awesome tires awesome wearing, quiet for a Mud-tire, great in the mud, snow & rocks but not so great on ice. These tires are just a good as my Toyo M/T's on my Dodge Ram. I am running a 4.5BS rim with no rubbing issues. With stock rims you will require spacers.

From your signature, no lift, just replace stock coils and shocks? Did this give you a bit of a lift anyway?

Quick Reply: 33" tires need help/information