Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35" M/T's in snow

Old 08-25-2007, 08:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35" M/T's in snow

Well I just purchased my 33's only 1 month ago, now I've added lift and I want to run 35's. If Firestone made the Destination M/T's in 35' I'd buy them in a sec. but they don't. So what I need from you are your experiences and opinions with different M/T's in snow and ice. Living in northern alberta we get plenty of the white stuff. As a matter of fact I took off my soft top yesturday and put the hard top back on in preparation for snow.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

I wish i could help but im in the same boat as you are i need some 35's that are more aggressive than an all terrain and still will do well in the snow, i had 35 in. Toyo M/T's on my tacoma and they were awful same when i had 33 X-terrains on my old jeep i had to have it in 4 high all winter i love those two tires off-road but as soon as the snow hit they were terrible
Old 08-25-2007, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ryan37
Goodyear MT/R's, they work great in the snow. I used them on my tj in 3+ feet of snow while on road and even off! Great tires.
Great in snow...the deeper the better. It's the coating to an inch or two that is hairy.
You know the story...use good common sense. Drive slowly & carefully on wet slippery surfaces. OK..I'm done preaching. I had BFG MT's on my TJ and currently have them. The only thing that held me up was the car in front of me. Other than that I couldn't move once because the snow was higher than my suspension. MT's are a very good all around choice. AT's are the tire to use if you are not off roading.

Last edited by awfrode; 08-25-2007 at 09:21 AM.

Quick Reply: 35" M/T's in snow