Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Track Bar fixed 100% / Now back breaks!

Old 08-25-2007, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Track Bar fixed 100% / Now back breaks!

Well, I should've known better. After successfully re-welding and reinforcing the front track bar bracket and throwing away skyjacker's parts and installing an adjustable front track bar, I heard a nasty little snap last night followed by the sound of the rear track bar with bracket still attached dragging below.

Par for the course.

Someone in another post asked if you need to get adjustable track bars for both front and rear - answer is yes.

My recommendations: 1. Don't buy a thing from Skyjacker. They have a poorly designed and supported product. 2. Smile. Getting angry doesn't resolve a thing. I kinda laughed when I saw the rear track bar and bracket dragging behind. 3. Jeep's brackets and welds are not meant to hold up to even moderate off road conditions. I would recommend proactively welding additional support and improving the original welds. It'll cost a couple hundred bucks before or after they break. The towing bill would suck though if you wait.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Front Track Bar fixed 100% / Now back breaks!