Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35" tires

Old 03-22-2011, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35" tires

Anyone running 35's with a 2.5 Teraflex lift? I am ready to move up to 35's from my 33's, and was wondering if anyone had any problems with clearance or other suspension issues. I ran 35's on my 09 "X" with a 2.5 and had no problems. I am driving a 2011 Rubi Unlimited.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

Just installed mine 2 days ago. At full turn on the wheel while backing up, I'll barely rub the corner of my plastic air dam on my 07 Rubicon. I currently have the factory flares removed and am in the process of installing flat flares. I broke the top bolt on my front shocks so I'm waiting to get replacements installed tomorrow. Because of that, I haven't been able to take it out anywhere and test out the setup. Hope to do some wheeling this weekend. Here's what it looks like as is...

Old 03-22-2011, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the 2.5 and 35's on my 2dr with no problem, I think with the unlimited you'll probably need to trim the rear pinch seam.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

My 315/70-17 Duratracs never hit the pinch seam on my Unlimited - before I put the BB or after.

I can't see that being an issue. I rubbed the inner fenders at the rear until I got the BB on in level driving just getting the thing home.

Rubbed on the front and rear control arms and the front sway bar until I got the spacers on (stock rims) but no biggie.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

I've been studying up on the 35's (it's my end goal) and a lot of people who have them run the 2.5" lift with minimal, if any, rub. The small chance of a rub gets removed when you get flat fenders.

At least, that's what I figured out from spending weeks reading and drooling (still haven't gotten around to actually ordering a jeep yet, myself :P )

Quick Reply: 35" tires