Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35's on sahara = damage

Old 11-09-2007, 10:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Gezzz, you can do that with your D30 Clackey? Why not?

Look close. I'm stuck on the left (you can barely see me) In the air is AIR-PUDDLZ. It broke shortly after that 1 or 2 trips.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a newbie of course. I get it, I'm no longer concerned. I'm sure that I won't damage my vehicle unless me and some of my clean-jeeped, poser friends bump a curb at the car wash. I feel much better knowing that an experienced enthusiast would have no issues.

All kidding aside thanks for the re-assurance.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thumperk15
I think I'm the only one on this site with 35's and no lift...LOL. I guess I'm the only crazy one on here, right? Probably not but atleast on this kinda setup. I went off road a little today and yes it does rub and you have to be carefull but dang I am going to be reguardless of the no lift issue because for the next 5 years its not even my Jeep-well if someone couldn't make there payments. I don't have a lift right now just because I have to wait till "Tis the night before Christmas" to get it and sense the stock X wheels are hideous I'll just wait and be very carefull. I don't really care about the rubbing a whole lot because the only thing the tires rub on are the ugly stock plastic fenders...lol...I broke one a little
35's and no lift? POST PICS PLEASE
Old 11-09-2007, 11:28 AM
JK Jedi

SlickWill is running 37" Boggers with a D30 and from my understanding, runs it hard. You should be ok with 35's, that's not saying you won't break anything, it's possible and maybe probable, but you should be OK.
Well, I plan on running my D30 with 35's, and I do think the OP will be fine-- but SLICKWILL has broken his axle.... twice.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by doojer
Well, I plan on running my D30 with 35's, and I do think the OP will be fine-- but SLICKWILL has broken his axle.... twice.
Yeah, I remember the thread, but I never could figure out if he was talking about breaking the the axle or the driveshaft, and at the time, I don't think he was sure, but I do know that he was using 4WD on pavment, although it was wet pavement, one of the times, so that doesn't really count.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's another vote for being okay with a D30 and 35s. Just be easy on the skinny pedal.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did some decent wheeling with my 35's. No probs.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:04 PM
JK Jedi

Yeah, I remember the thread, but I never could figure out if he was talking about breaking the the axle or the driveshaft, and at the time, I don't think he was sure, but I do know that he was using 4WD on pavment, although it was wet pavement, one of the times, so that doesn't really count.
Ah yes, true... it may have been only his driveshaft the second time-- and you're right-- there was that issue of 4wd on pavement.

In any case, I concur that the OP would be fine with the D30 and 35's.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bodybrdng
35's and no lift? POST PICS PLEASE
I can post pics but its not really anything to see. They fit under there ok but I think I can hear my tires take a big breath every now and then-no room to breath.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:44 PM
JK Super Freak

I am running 35's on my D30. So far so good. I hit the local park and go to the superlift park in hotsprings. I do the 3's and low 4's. I tend to high center on some of the harder 4's. (Thanks to the Arkansas crawlers, I got unstuck)

Quick Reply: 35's on sahara = damage