Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which 37" tyre to pick??

Old 06-07-2017, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn it's cold...

I didn’t realize Sydney got so much snow and ice to validate this much time toward the discussion for ice and snow???

I like the Toyo MT (ran them with surprising results), currently have the Cooper SST pro in the 37x13.5. One thing to watch with the cooper brand, that is they have different rubber compounds. I would run the MTR out of the shed and mail order the tires you want!!
Old 06-07-2017, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Go ahead, explain the difference in these test results in acceleration, stopping, and turning on ice which were tested using different types of "rubber" tires. No studs, chains, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlYEMH10Z4s
Because that's how real people drive. You are really a lost cause.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy
That's what you got? After saying there's no difference? The point has been proven that you have no idea what you are talking about. We're done here.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by wkndtoy_
I didn’t realize Sydney got so much snow and ice to validate this much time toward the discussion for ice and snow???

I like the Toyo MT (ran them with surprising results), currently have the Cooper SST pro in the 37x13.5. One thing to watch with the cooper brand, that is they have different rubber compounds. I would run the MTR out of the shed and mail order the tires you want!!
Sydney doesn't. Just because I made a comment asking the OP to be more specific before they mentioned living in Sydney and gave an example that MT's are typically not known to perform that well in the more slippery snow/ice conditions, while also stating they perform very well for offroad mud/rock use, then the azz clowns decided to come in and focus on that generalized example statement about snow/ice because they some how got all butthurt and totally ignored the positive aspects mentioned because that's what azz clowns do. At this point it's pretty obvious they're talking out their azzes after showing them actual information that contradicted the hot air they've keep blowing. So they'll keep beating their dead horse because that's what azz clowns do after they've been proven wrong after attacking someone else and then get proven wrong in return.

Discussions in these forums about tires end up being retarded because you got a bunch of blow hards who obviously know nothing about tires but are quick to defend whatever tire they use even if what they are posting makes zero logical sense and directly contradicts factual and commonly understood information. They'll just keep insisting it's the rest of the world who are idiots and ignoring any factual information posted.

but no rubber actually does anything to gain traction on ice. If you dont understand that i have nothing else for you.
Talks out ass in a condescending manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlYEMH10Z4s Get's proven wrong to his condescending statement.

follows up with butt hurt reply making up B.S. as if starting, stopping, and steering are some out of the norm driving behaviors. Obviously, an azzhat.

Last edited by Rednroll; 06-07-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default relax it's just the interweb..

Breath..... 10, 9, 8, breath...... 7, 6, (feel the stress leaving your body) 5, 4, 3.......
Old 06-08-2017, 07:39 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

13.5's are out because of laws from what you said...

So if you are down to the brands you mentioned, which one has a narrow tire that is 37 tall?

KO2's do great in rocks... they do run smaller than some... But having looked at hundreds of measurements of tires in the "real World"... they all are way smaller than you think. But they also are all within 1/2 inch of all the other brands.
Ko2's are narrower... and about 6 or 7 lbs lighter than a mud tire.

But it comes down to how much mud you run in- that is like peanut butter. They throw mud... but they will clog up in the thick stuff before an MT

How much sand? ATs are better for sand because they have a much less tendency to dig, when you are on the skinny pedal.

AT's do great on rocks -the extra the ridges give the tire more grabbing edges...but if it all slick rock... there is no advantage.

The tread life on an AT will be double that of a mud tire or more most of the time.

The Mickey T's get good ratings.

You have to decide what you want your jeep to look like, how you want it to handle on the highway, how loud you want them to be... and how often you want to replace them.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems I caused quite the argument up there ^^^ Whoops!

Thanks for the replies everyone, I ended up sticking with my Goodyears because in the end it meant saving $$

I have a Hankook spare too, as it was the most readily available and best price, it actually looks like it'll be an amazing tyre now that I've seen it in person, so I think I'll give it a try after the Goodyears wear out.

Here she is!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170603_123059-02.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	4.44 MB
ID:	672387Click image for larger version

Name:	20170603_123111-01.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	672386Click image for larger version

Name:	20170603_123137-01.jpeg
Views:	113