Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

37's require more than 4" lift

Old 12-18-2006, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 37's require more than 4" lift

have a rubi and planned on 37 with 4" teraflex. after closer inspection the stock rock rails need to be removed and shortened in the rear. there is also some cutting of the body away front of rear tire, gets way to close to the tire for my comfort. went back to 35" on a 4 " will do the bumpers and rock rails when they get a fee in production. otherwise, put on an Airaid intake and a flowmaster Hushpower i am getting 20-21 mpg, and the power and sound is fantastic. worth every penny.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

so did you install this lift and this is what your coming up with ??

if you get adjustable arms then you could prob push the rear end back a little to clear without doing any trimming...but then again a little trimming never hurt anyone....

the more I've been looking at the lifts that are out I'll prob end up just ordering springs and building my own long arm setup...but who knows what will be out by the time my JK actualy gets built....
Old 12-18-2006, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

We looked at it together with a performance (primarily) jeep shop, they are very knowledgable. We agreed on this assesment and after doing some research on this sight sure enough i saw it on some of the sema builds. They are not even in production on most bumpers and rail so next spring after the new parts are available the 37's will fit great.

Just an update i put a jet II chip in conjunction with the intake and flowmaster and it is amazing, i wanted more power and torque to turn the 37's and it hasd it now. i will let you know what the next tank runs. oh ya i also dumped the oil and put in full synthetic.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

Do you have any pictures of the 35s on your 4" lift? I've been considering this route so I can have the option to easily upgrade to 37s.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry, but 37's will work with a 4" lift, you just need to modify your Jeep a bit to accomodate them. In addition to ditching/modifying the factory rock rails and trimming the body, you have to make sure that you have the appropriate bumpstops installed as well. Beyond that, it's actually a great fit.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

I guess I wasnt clear, you are correct 37's will fit on a 4"lift, but without the adjustments you and i agree on, it's not a great fit and could create damage to tires and fenders if not taken into consideration. i have gotten valuable info from this site, and its menbers and was trying to pass on relative information as well. i am enjoying the mod's to my Rescue Rubicon, but parts availability is till slim and i think most of us are in the same boat there.

i will post more info as i tear it apart and put it back together, sorry for my lack of clarity. i do have details on the intake and exhuast as well if interested.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

I agree, i had a 4Dr Rubi on order for 3 months and nothing was moving forward, from what i understand it was the Freedom top that was the issue, not sure what the truth is. But, I recieved an early christmans gift, someone pulled in a favor because I was offered a Rescue Rubicon dont know where they got it dont really care, but I TOOK IT!!
Old 12-19-2006, 02:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mike_Engle
Very interested in the details of this set up.
i like the Airaid product the filter has better sheilding and hood seal, the intake tube has a generous raduis (less restriction). The sensor was not as easy to take out as discribed ( Be Careful ) therwise it went in 30 minutes. The exhuast is a Flowmaster Hushpower II. we basically cut the factory pipe just before the muffler, we then took the heat shild and reposition it forward of the "black box", it fit great with a few rivits. The Hushpower II fit in line just perfect. We kept all the existing factory pipe except for a short tailpipe attached where we cut the factory muffler off. We will reevaluate once the 4" terraflex goes on (hopefully over christmas). I installed the Jet stage II module last night, a simple plug-in on the white jack. it is positioned on the backside of the washer fluid resevior. Before the chip I burned 2 tanks with the intake and exhaust and got 19.9 and 20.1. not sure with the chip yet. but the Power and sound it has generated is fantastic. cost was 250 for the Airaid, 275 for the Flowmaster installed, 250 for the chip. about 800.00 total. I live in colorado and the mountians will eat 6th gear , Not Any More>
Old 12-19-2006, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jiberty
Do you have any pictures of the 35s on your 4" lift? I've been considering this route so I can have the option to easily upgrade to 37s.
I too plan on upgrading once the other parts are available, i will send pics a soon as it is completed. I really wish i had them now.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kermit
I guess I wasnt clear, you are correct 37's will fit on a 4"lift, but without the adjustments you and i agree on, it's not a great fit and could create damage to tires and fenders if not taken into consideration.
The first day I got mine, I just see the same thing that you see. Even 35 is a tight fit when flex. I barely have an inch spare with stock 32. I wish DC have put the axle a little farther in the wheelwell. I'm pretty sure that adjustable arm is the way to go with 37'' so you don't have to put 4'' longer bumpstop to avoid contact and don't have to cut the rock rail and the part of the bodu that it protect.

Quick Reply: 37's require more than 4" lift