Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4 inch lift 33s what backspace can i use stock?

Old 01-08-2014, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 inch lift 33s what backspace can i use stock?

An I use stock backspace with this set up
Old 01-08-2014, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DEFINITIVE WHAT SIZE TIRE/Wheel/SPACER/BACKSPACE THREAD - JeepForum.com
Old 01-08-2014, 12:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by whitejkdev
An I use stock backspace with this set up
Nope. Throw on some Spidertrax 1.5" Wheel Spacers then you'd be good to go.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Former Vendor

Pretty much all hub centric wheel spacers are going to be about the same. The Spidertrax are good spacers for sure, but they are $40 more/pair than the Rough Country 1.5 Inch Wheel Spacers. And the Rough Country ones are 6061-T6 Aluminum which is tempered (solutionized and artificially aged) for strength and oxidation resistance. I would rather save that $80 bucks and put it toward another part if it were me.

Either way you go, make sure you torque the spacers with every oil change to stay safe. Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan

Last edited by XTJake; 01-08-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

4" lift with 33's? I would go bigger tires or smaller lift. 1.5" spacers on stock rims is going to make the tires look even smaller with a 4" lift.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

I'd just get the appropriate wheels personally, if it's in your budget, this isn't personal experience but nearly every Jeeper than I discussed this with has told me to get the wheels so I did and that's one less thing to worry about as I move up to larger tires.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah get the spacers and you should be good to go. 33s and 4 doesn't look to bad to me, but if you get flat flares or cut the stock ones you will start feeling the tint tire syndrome
Old 01-09-2014, 12:52 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Why 4 inches of lift? Remember, the bulk of off-road improvement you'll see is from the tires, not the lift. The taller lift will give marginal improvements in approach and departure angles, but that's pretty much it. It will not help ground clearance. And the penalty you'll pay is a less reliable Jeep unless along with that lift you install new driveshafts and control arms (to work with the increased pinion angle), new diffy covers (with the fill port higher up), and cut off and re-weld the rear axle spring perches (so the rear springs don't bow and hit the trackbar). And there's more--strongly suggest you compare a 2.5" lift and a 4" lift, the costs, necessary mods and reliability impacts.

Of course, if you're planning to eventually go to 37s, you can put off those additional mods and just do them as parts fail, which could be anytime from a couple thousand miles to tens of thousands of miles, and could be anyplace from the dealer parking lot to whatever wilderness places you happen to travel. But Murphy's Law tells us that it will happen at the worst possible time, when you're in the worst possible financial straits, and at the worst possible place. LOL. Anyway, just my two cents.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im gonna agree with Mark. Nothing says you can't do 4" with 33's if you want, but the rule of thumb is the smallest lift necessary for the tire you want to run. I already feel im going overboard with a planned 2.5 and 33"s.

Quick Reply: 4 inch lift 33s what backspace can i use stock?