Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4 Inch lift kit help

Old 05-08-2008, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Inch lift kit help

Hi all, i know i posted this the 3rd time now, but hopefully this is the last time. The tires are arriving in a few days and the wheels are bought from quadratec, but will be shipped from the manufacturer, very soon hopfully, so we need to order the lift. We got 35's mickey tompsons and the 17inch teflon procomps. Its going to be for my brothers 4 door sahara. He order a 4inch procomp lift, but was cancelled due to long wait. The jeep won't be doing any rock crawling, but will be doing sand dunes and offroading. Iam a newbie to lifts since its my first jeep and we out here in kuwait have no 4x4 shops to help us. So i would realy like a straight forward answer so i can order and get on with it heheh. Maximum price off the lift can be $1700 and it has to be something longlife, because we can't be breaking stuff here since it will take atleast a month to ship parts and will be very pricey for the shipping. It has to include shocks, springs, steering stabilizer, etc etc and everything needed to install. In a "short term" it has to COMPLETE. So things can not be ordered seperatly, because the shipping wil cost very very very much. Thank you for any help in advance.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

I really did do the search and couldnt find anything, bump
Old 05-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TeraFlex has a 4" kit w/ 4 control arms, (front lower,rear uppers) that retails for $1550.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Freak

Is it complete? and will i get a steering stabilizer from the same make? quality good bad?
Old 05-08-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

teraflex makes awesome products, the kit will be complete. however, you will need to order the steering stabilizer seperately. you can get that for about $50 bucks though
Old 05-08-2008, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by deanthemachine04
teraflex makes awesome products, the kit will be complete. however, you will need to order the steering stabilizer seperately. you can get that for about $50 bucks though
And does teraflex have the steering stab? plus i read on 4wd.com, that i will need driveline mods? and it has sway bar disconnect? and they have one that is 900 and 1900? where is the best place to order? and if anyone has aby other suggestion iam ready to hear, since we have to order the lift as fast as possible.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

help bump help
Old 05-08-2008, 02:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A have a 4" Superlift and like it, and I added a set of Teralfex front lower control arms. They're high quality stuff.

If I would've had a $1700 budget at the time like you do, I would've gotten the whole Teraflex kit.

I think you have to order the steering stabilizer seperately, but that's no big deal.

Northridge4x4.com is great to deal with.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:28 PM
JK Freak

If you will be doing alot of dunes and sand hills then would for sure spring for the new driveshafts. Dont skimp on the lift though. If it takes that long to get stuff to you, might as well build it right the first time so you dont have to keep waiting on parts as they break. Keep all the stock pieces as spares if possible.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by easttnruby
If you will be doing alot of dunes and sand hills then would for sure spring for the new driveshafts. Dont skimp on the lift though. If it takes that long to get stuff to you, might as well build it right the first time so you dont have to keep waiting on parts as they break. Keep all the stock pieces as spares if possible.
There won't be extreme offroading. Just a tiny tiny bit for fun. my 2door and my nephews 2door are getting all the fun. But will i need to change the driveshafts for it to work? or is it only that they will wear out faster? And what northridge has is complete? i just add a stering stab and iam ready to roll?

Quick Reply: 4 Inch lift kit help