Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4" Lift - recommendations for Drive Shafts

Old 08-10-2007, 07:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
yes, the u-joint is bigger, making it a tighter fit at that u-joint - less room (tighter) in the vertical angle at that joint.

maybe i'm just overthinking this. i'm getting ready to put a 1310 up front and a 1350 rear. i'm just waiting on them to get here.

is that a bend in your control arm?
got yeah I understand the U-Joints are bigger, still alot of room, I'll get a flexed out picture for you.

its how the control arms are made, its also just a wierd angle
Old 08-11-2007, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for all the great replies - you all are the first people to say that the unlimited wouldn't need new driveshafts...

course Tuff Country recommends new ones...but they have parts to sell. nobody really seemed to know.

the stance was...anything over 3", they need to be replaced. so i started to think - i could run them til i break them...i have AAA

any other thoughts - oh, and I do believe Tom Woods is the way to go...talked with my local jeep club members and the consensus was tom woods.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

Tuff country is right, while you might not need them now, You will in the future, I'd run them until it breaks, just hopefully its not on the trail..

I run Tom Woods in my other jeeps, he knows he stuff.

Je Reel is also a very good company, its a quality driveshaft, you cant go wrong with them either.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Tuff country is right, while you might not need them now, You will in the future, I'd run them until it breaks, just hopefully its not on the trail..

I run Tom Woods in my other jeeps, he knows he stuff.

Je Reel is also a very good company, its a quality driveshaft, you cant go wrong with them either.
eh, if it happens on a trail, it really isn't a big deal. the people i ride with have a rule...
"everyone comes out alive"

I also have AAA, so they'll tow me where i gotta go...

I'm thinking I'll replace them now before they break though. who knows, maybe someone will buy the stock ones from me cause they broke theirs.

I pick the jeep up this Thursday - i'm pretty excited!!
Old 08-11-2007, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Quick Reply: 4" Lift - recommendations for Drive Shafts