Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4" Rough Country Write-Up

Old 03-29-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bcoop
Attachment 297117

Here is mine with lift and tires. Picture doesn't really show height.
That's okay. It looks good nonetheless. The tires just dont looks like 37's. Once I get it installed and look at how high it really sits, I might end up going with 37's. Nice looking rig.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

Mine are only 35's. I was tempted on 37's but didn't do it. If I re-gear later, I might upgrade to 37's.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tkautos@verizon.net
Sounds good. What tires are you running? I am planning on running 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Mickey Thompson Classic Locks in black. Also, is there still quite a bit of room for flex?
I run 35x12.5x 17 on the same lift and think they are good for the lift (same lift)

Originally Posted by bcoop
Lancejk, did you have trouble with your ESP afterward? I didn't until I pit my 35,s on. Now when I take sharp turns, it activates and brings me to a stop. I had it re-aligned and everything. I have tried centering my steering wheel several times and it still goes off.
Did you install new lower control arms? Mine did that before I moved my castor from 2 degrees after the lift without lca's to 6-7 degrees with the adjustable LCA's. Its only shows its ugly head when I'm on an on/off ramp on the highway with a sharp curve now.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

Zpack:
I have not put lower control arms on. I did cut out the perforated slots in the arm mounts and installed the caster bolts. The guy who did the alignment said he ran out of caster almost. This could be the problem maybe. Just seemed weird it didn't do it on stock tires, just after the bigger ones were put on.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zpack
I run 35x12.5x 17 on the same lift and think they are good for the lift (same lift)

Did you install new lower control arms? Mine did that before I moved my castor from 2 degrees after the lift without lca's to 6-7 degrees with the adjustable LCA's. Its only shows its ugly head when I'm on an on/off ramp on the highway with a sharp curve now.
Is that what the castor should be set at, 6-7 degrees? Is that ideal? So what is the best way to fix the ESP issue?
Old 03-29-2012, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

I had the ESP issues aswell but only due to not centering my steering wheel. LCAs are the way I was going to go, and suggest you go that route but I'm about to switch my axles out. I'll realign everything then as my axle does sit back about an inch. But that is also because I didn't notch my brackets and install those square bolts that came with the kit to move my axle forward.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lancejk
I had the ESP issues aswell but only due to not centering my steering wheel. LCAs are the way I was going to go, and suggest you go that route but I'm about to switch my axles out. I'll realign everything then as my axle does sit back about an inch. But that is also because I didn't notch my brackets and install those square bolts that came with the kit to move my axle forward.
Sounds good. I have to the LCA's. So I should be all set.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tkautos@verizon.net

Sounds good. I have to the LCA's. So I should be all set.
Great! Can't wait to see the before and after shots. And the knuckle bash shots. "it ain't yours, till you bleed on it".

Last edited by Lancejk; 03-29-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just put mine on this past weekend. Wasn't to bad by myself. You will also need a 33 mm socket for the pit-man arm nut. Some of the other tools that the instructions said to use where different than what they said. Depending on the age and environment spray everything with PB blaster or some sort of penetrating oil and let it soak in a few hours.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed mine back in January, went with 4" and 35 Toyo's. The ride is Great and looks awesome!!! Good luck getting yours on looking forward to seeing pictures
Here's some before and after pics
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1216462483.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	299438

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-238308855.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	299439

Quick Reply: 4" Rough Country Write-Up