Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4" Superlift questions

Old 09-06-2007, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" Superlift questions

I am planning on purchasing/installing the following in the near future:
4" Superlift System
1" M.O.R.E. body lift
Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers

With this setup do you all recommend installing a coil spacer up front to level the ride out? Or will the lift with the new coils take care of the rake?

In addition to the above, I think I have finally made up my mind between the 35's or 37's... since I had 35's on my TJ and it rode awesome, and this is a new direction in my life, I am stepping on up to the 37's. If you recommend the coil spacers up front, which ones would you choose? I have been reading the site for a long time, and finally have saved up some money to start dumping it on the Jeep

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2007, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

Default 4 " lift = new drive lines

I had a Taraflex 4 " installed a while back. No vibration, today it smoked the joint at the transfercase for the rear drive line. Good Luck
Old 09-06-2007, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

sorry, edited post:

This is a copy of a thread I started here, it was deleted along with all of my tech threads on this forum. I hope it makes you decide if you want to remain a member here.
sorry but I will be no longer an active member of your forum and I highly doubt this thread will even last long and that is one of the reasons I am going.

If the admin wants to read this then fine, maybe it will improve your site. But this thread is not for you, its for everyone else.

I joined here because it was one of the better laid out JK forums and was not the BS drama of JeepsUnlimited, that along with other things changed.

I first noticed my links to ANYTHING being changed, this got old after a while. Yes I know they want to "support your vendors" but it is a little overkill. You are trying to make your vendors have a monopoly on parts by limiting the information available and that is complete BS. Its a competing market and if your vendors do not want to match prices or carry a product then it is their loss not yours.
Deal with it.
A few of the MUCH larger forums I am a member of seem to survive just fine without this little link edit game.

I had my posts edited and messed with for no "real" reason.

Today was the last straw of BS with that. You edited one of my PRIVATE MESSAGES !!! I sent a link to another member about a new JK forum and either automatically or in person someone edited my PM. That is childish and retarded.
"private massage" my ass. so now I can't even have any privacy here?

I asked about a "FAQ" thread and still the forums are overrun with "will 15" rims fit?" and other posts that flood the forum. That was ignored/denied
The longer you wait the more worthless posts you will have.
That's one of the main reasons I stopped "regularly" posting is I was sick of wading threw 6 pages of the same posts just to find any "new" info.

Oh and back to the drama this forum has turned into just another JU. Admin and moderators getting butt-hurt and tied up in "regular" member issues. Sorry, that's just lame no matter what your excuses are.

Now that Pirate has its own separate JK owners forum I see no need to get tech here tainted with annoyances. That and they allow the input and desires of the "regular" members to change the website. Oh and I can post links....and not have my PM's screwed with
I am leaving up all my posts and tech unless this thread is deleted and then I will remove all of my posts seeing as my input will be deemed inferior.

I am glad I met a lot of the cool people from this forum and I will probably meet them again. You all can decide if I am right or wrong but either way I am done. Thanks for the info and you all have a good night.

Last edited by usmcdoc14; 10-06-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

So after some thought and more reading through the forum, I think that I am going to dig a little bit deeper in the pockets for the Teraflex 4" lift. Does anyone recommend the Teraflex over the Superlift 4" system? I always know that you get a better product for the money and I was just wanting to make sure, before I go and spend a few extra hundred on something that is as comparable to a cheaper system. I noticed in the Quadratec Catalog that the Teraflex may need driveline modification if on a 4 door. Would the Superlift need the same thing, and what exactly would I need to do to correct this. Also, does it need the driveline mods, since it sounded like it was optional in the catalog, possibly for heavyer off-roading?? Thanks in advance for the input!

Last edited by obxjeep; 09-09-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obxjeep
So after some thought and more reading through the forum, I think that I am going to dig a little bit deeper in the pockets for the Teraflex 4" lift. Does anyone recommend the Teraflex over the Superlift 4" system? I always know that you get a better product for the money and I was just wanting to make sure, before I go and spend a few extra hundred on something that is as comparable to a cheaper system. I noticed in the Quadratec Catalog that the Teraflex may need driveline modification if on a 4 door. Would the Superlift need the same thing, and what exactly would I need to do to correct this. Also, does it need the driveline mods, since it sounded like it was optional in the catalog, possibly for heavyer off-roading?? Thanks in advance for the input!
Did you happen to read the October issue of Petersen's 4Wheel & Off-Road? They did a "Shootout" with 8 different lift kits on 2-Door JK's, including Teraflex and Superlift. If your're like me, you want to find all the pro's and cons of both kits before making the big purchase.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

And after even more thought, I am heading back to the Superlift because I am reading that many are having great results out of it, and also they are not having to do the driveline mods. In my opinion I think that that would be the best route. Thanks again for everyone's help. I should have my final decision soon, and hopefully a lifted JK

Last edited by obxjeep; 09-10-2007 at 04:40 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:48 AM
JK Newbie

Has Rubicon Express entered the JK market yet?

I have always had incredible experiences with RE and Jeeps.

Pricey but well worth it.

Trending Topics

Old 09-10-2007, 05:33 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by obxjeep
And after even more thought, I am heading back to the Superlift because I am reading that many are having great results out of it, and also they are not having to do the driveline mods. In my opinion I think that that would be the best route. Thanks again for everyone's help. I should have my final decision soon, and hopefully a lifted JK
The 4" Superlift kit (at least the one I am aware of) is a nice kit and it is affordable but it is also very incomplete by comparison to the TeraFlex 4" kit. Unlike the Superlift kit, the TeraFlex gives you everything you need including new adjustable upper and lower control arms. Granted, it is more expensive but you will be able to dial in your ride, set your caster and correct your suspension geometry as is needed for a lift this high.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:35 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by BackInBlack
Did you happen to read the October issue of Petersen's 4Wheel & Off-Road? They did a "Shootout" with 8 different lift kits on 2-Door JK's, including Teraflex and Superlift. If your're like me, you want to find all the pro's and cons of both kits before making the big purchase.
Unfortunately, the shootout in my opinion is a complete joke as it is anything but an apples to apples comparison. But, again, that's just my opinion.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:36 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by silvery2kgt
Has Rubicon Express entered the JK market yet?

I have always had incredible experiences with RE and Jeeps.

Pricey but well worth it.
Oh yeah, they've got multiple kits out now including a 3.5" and 4.5" long arm kit.

Quick Reply: 4" Superlift questions