Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 year lifetime powertrain warranty inspection...

Old 10-30-2012, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pollard Jeep - 5 year lifetime powertrain warranty inspection...

Anyone had their 5-year lifetime powertrain warranty inspection done at Pollard Jeep in Boulder, CO? Mine is due and I plan on taking it in to them. I have some ...uhh.... modifications and wonder if it is even worth my time. I don't expect Chrysler to warranty parts that aren't theirs, but I do expect them to warranty things that aren't an obvious direct result of any modifications.

Just wondering what to expect from this particular dealer's service department if I arrive in a mildly lifted Jeep on 35's. There may or may not be a RIPP S/C involved, too...

Any experiences that you can relate are appreciated,
Chris

Last edited by a1z2s3x4; 11-01-2012 at 05:09 AM. Reason: changed title
Old 10-30-2012, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the lifetime powertrain warranty. Jeep is bone stock. Had the 5 year inspection done took about 30mins. Service advisor said they are mostly just checking for leaking gaskets or seals that could easily be replaced to avoid more costly repairs later.

I have had a front axle seal replaced under the powertrain warranty. It was no questions asked.

I made sure to get a copy of the service record so they couldn't later claim I didn't comply with the inspection. Maybe some in your area can add more info.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the reply, Dr. Satan.

Anyone else? Anyone had the inspection done at Pollard Jeep in Boulder?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 12-01-2012, 05:37 AM
JK Newbie

Just to wrap-up this for anyone who might search in the future...
I took the Jeep to Prestige Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep in Longmont, CO. They gave it a clean bill of health and said that "there was nothing that we can even try to sell you". Have the inspection sheet marked with a "Pass" on everything. Jeep has ~3" lift and 35" tires.

So, no hint of flack for modifications from Prestige.

Chris
Old 12-03-2012, 09:04 AM
JK Super Freak

I am about 1500 miles away from 100K and 2 months from 5 years. I hope Power Jeep in Valencia does not give me any trouble.... So far, I have had no major issues mechanically with my Jeep.

Quick Reply: 5 year lifetime powertrain warranty inspection...