Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ace Bumper install???

Old 06-14-2016, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace Bumper install???

Hello all, I just installed Ace rear bumper/tire carrier and Hi lift jack. I am having a sag issue. I am down over an inch in the passenger rear corner and the driver side front is up over an inch. It is like the rear corner is sagging. If I take of the rear tire it does get better. I am running the Metal Cloak 3.5" JK Wrangler Game-Changer 2.5"/3.5" Suspension, No Shock Edition . I have not installed the front bumper yet. I still trying to figure this out first. Anyone have any Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same bumper (minus the high lift). In general my entire rear sags a bit, haven't noticed that it's one side or the other in particular. The bumper is heavier than the stock one, so I've been living with it for the moment. I'll eventually install an aftermarket front bumper and see where I end up, the weight may help level things out. Sorry not much help for your particular situation though.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info. I have installed the ace front bumper and it has help some. I am still sagging in the right rear abit. Metalcloak has sent new springs. Will install soon see what happens.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've the same setup with 2.5 metalcloak springs and it doesn't seem to sag except for a little on the passenger. Barely noticeable, remember the ace weighs 200lbs. I also have a xhd front bumper and fox 2.0.

Sent from C.I.A headquarters

Quick Reply: Ace Bumper install???