Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjustable trackbar instsll tips?

Old 01-04-2013, 11:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable trackbar instsll tips?

Got a rubicon express adjustable trackbar I'd like to install this weekend but it came with no directions and I can't find any videos on YouTube, install tips on here or on RX website. I'm guessing its simple since there is not much help online but just wanted to get some pointers on here before doing it tomorrow.
Just remove stock track bar and bolt on the adjustable bar in the stock location? How will I know what to adjust the new trackbar to? Thanks in advance
Old 01-05-2013, 12:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Fugg it
Got a rubicon express adjustable trackbar I'd like to install this weekend but it came with no directions and I can't find any videos on YouTube, install tips on here or on RX website. I'm guessing its simple since there is not much help online but just wanted to get some pointers on here before doing it tomorrow.
Just remove stock track bar and bolt on the adjustable bar in the stock location? How will I know what to adjust the new trackbar to? Thanks in advance
I've haven't done this (yet) but I'm pretty sure it's a fairly simple process. I'm subscribed to Teraflex on Youtube and remembered seeing this a little while back. I hope this helps and you can learn something from it! I sure did! I know you aren't installing a TF Trackbar but I assume it will be the same install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xrlhfooc-Xc Good Luck!

Nick
Old 01-05-2013, 12:22 AM
JK Junkie

Here is a link for a track bar write up. Unlike the TeraFlex track bar, it cannot be adjusted when its already installed in the Jeep. Below are some measurements from the Rock Krawler website. You can use that as a starting point...

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Full Traction Suspension Jeep JK Wrangler Adjustable Front Track Bar Installation Write-Up

Old 01-05-2013, 12:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

There's a write up that's very helpful on project jk that helped me out. If I werent at work and on my phone I coupd get it for you or it may be easy enough to search it on project jk. It only takes a tape measure and a carpenters level. Also a little bit of time. Then you will have to adjust your draglink cause I'm pretty sure your steering wheel will be off center. As soon as you start working on it, its all fairly simple, have fun!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Someone just beat me to it. Haha
Old 01-05-2013, 12:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tighten the shit out of the jam nuts.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Awesome that video was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for all the replies and posts too.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by aldaman
Here is a link for a track bar write up. Unlike the TeraFlex track bar, it cannot be adjusted when its already installed in the Jeep. Below are some measurements from the Rock Krawler website. You can use that as a starting point...

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Full Traction Suspension Jeep JK Wrangler Adjustable Front Track Bar Installation Write-Up
Just printed this out. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Adjustable trackbar instsll tips?