Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aeroforcetech interceptor oil pressure gauge installation

Old 10-01-2011, 02:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qf4phlyer
A friend of mine works for VDO. He told me that the oil pressure gauge (and others) work by measuring resistance from the sending unit and you should use an independent ground wire. That's VDO's take on their gauges not sure about Aeroforcetech. I'm using the sandwich plate with my gauges and it fills the bill nicely.
Cheers !! you mind explaining the sandwich plate? not sure what you mean.....
Old 10-01-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's the plate from Glowshift that fits between the block and the oil filter, that you screw the sending units into. Your gauge pods look great.

All the best,

Matt
Old 10-02-2011, 02:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by qf4phlyer
It's the plate from Glowshift that fits between the block and the oil filter, that you screw the sending units into. Your gauge pods look great.

All the best,

Matt
Hey Matt,

Aha, indeed I am using the Glowshift adaptor plate as well. I have one of the ports modified at my local machine shop as the temperature sensor was 3/8" (1/8" NPT ports on the adaptor/sandwich plate. I'll post pictures of my install

Cheers,

Mark
Old 10-15-2011, 08:41 PM
JK Freak

Default Installation summary Aeroforcetech oil pressure & oil temp sensors

Hi, just thought to finish my post with giving you an update. I installed the Aeroforcetech Oil pressure sensor and fluid temp sensor using a sandwich adaptor (3/4 UNF16), 'add a circuit + 5V power supply and wiring from my local hardware store. See below the adaptor sandwich plate with the two sensors installed.

The sandwich adaptor comes with 3x 1/8" NPT ports (tapered thread), as the sensors don't go in completely, I used some heat resistant glue to fill the gap (prevent dirt from getting in as well as making sure the sensors won't come out again.

The sandwich adaptor is installed as below, pretty simple

Make sure you route the wires properly to the gauge, again easily done and install the pigtails

I used an 'add a circuit' in my fuse box to power the gauges, make sure you pick a 10A fuse which has power, some don't. Once all done you can see the oil temp and pressure

Enjoy !!!

Last edited by Markdsv; 10-15-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: extra info

Quick Reply: Aeroforcetech interceptor oil pressure gauge installation