Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEV Geo brackets vs RC X-Flex adjustable front LCAs

Old 05-28-2016, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts
Default AEV Geo brackets vs RC X-Flex adjustable front LCAs

I'm currently planning my lift build. I won't be doing any rock crawling. My JK is my DD, weekend warrior uses. I'm building it more for deep woods trails, mud, water, and snow off-road terrains. I'll be going with BFG A/T KO2's 35x12.5xR17/R18 tires. The lift I've decided on is the Mopar Stage 1 2in lift kit, which is actually a 2.5-3in lift and is enough for the BFG 35's. The Mopar lift comes with Caster correction cam bolts where I would prefer to use a Geo relocation bracket or replacement LCA's for caster correction instead. On-road driving behavior is important to me as well as trying to get the best off-road performance at the same time. Which all brings me to my question.

Budget: <$200

I'm trying to decide between the AEV relocation geo correction brackets or an inexpensive LCA replacement solution where the Rough Country X-Flex adjustable LCA's are within my budget. Which would be the preferred solution and some of the pros/cons with each? Are there other caster correction solutions that may be better within my budget?

AEV Relo brackets ($100-$110)

RC X-Flex adjustable front LCA's ($180-$200)

Last edited by Rednroll; 05-28-2016 at 04:35 AM.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen those arms in jeeps and the joints are not a great upgrade from stock.

The stock joints are more durable and no maintenance. For your uses I'd go with brackets and be done with it.

For 50 more you could get nearly any other arm on the market with a JJ or similar and larger OD material and thickness I'm sure.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would get the AEV brackets over any rough country product. Especially for your specified use. The correction brackets will get the job done and have adjustability if you ever increase your lift height.

Now if you were into a lot of rock crawling, I'd suggest a higher quality lower control arm. Metalcloak, synergy just to name a couple.

That's my .2 cents

Good luck with the build
Old 05-28-2016, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sa29560
I've seen those arms in jeeps and the joints are not a great upgrade from stock.

The stock joints are more durable and no maintenance. For your uses I'd go with brackets and be done with it.

For 50 more you could get nearly any other arm on the market with a JJ or similar and larger OD material and thickness I'm sure.
Thanks, that's my obvious concerns with anything RC is the quality and any additional hassles that quality concern might bring with it. $200 is on the upper side of my budget for this part of the lift. I like hearing anyone's experience with the RC adjustable LCA's as I understand an adjustable LCA would be the preferred solution. However, I know RC is not known for "quality" but thought maybe it might be "good enough" depending on if others had good experience with them or not.

Last edited by Rednroll; 05-28-2016 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:26 AM
JK Junkie

A friend runs the RC lowers. He beats on his jeep pretty good. No complaints yet.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
A friend runs the RC lowers. He beats on his jeep pretty good. No complaints yet.
Has he ever complained about them loosening? That's one of my biggest concerns, is spending the time to get them dialed in for proper caster and then having to deal with them coming loose all the time.

12 reviews on Amazon and currently at 4.7 stars out of 5. So although, I feel more comfortable with the AEV name, much more so than Rough Country, if I can get some decent adjustable LCA's at a similar price range as correction brackets, that seems like a win/win for my purposes. Although the simplicity of just using the AEV brackets and being done with it, isn't a bad path to pursue either.
http://www.amazon.com/Rough-Country-...ct_top?ie=UTF8

I've read some have had some problems with joints when the RC LCA's 1st came out, but those problems seem to have been fixed.

Last edited by Rednroll; 05-28-2016 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Has he ever complained about them loosening? That's one of my biggest concerns, is spending the time to get them dialed in for proper caster and then having to deal with them coming loose all the time. 12 reviews on Amazon and currently at 4.7 stars out of 5. So although, I feel more comfortable with the AEV name, much more so than Rough Country, if I can get some decent adjustable LCA's at a similar price range as correction brackets, that seems like a win/win for my purposes. Although the simplicity of just using the AEV brackets and being done with it, isn't a bad path to pursue either. http://www.amazon.com/Rough-Country-...ct_top?ie=UTF8 I've read some have had some problems with joints when the RC LCA's 1st came out, but those problems seem to have been fixed.
It doesn't matter the brand if they have jam nuts.

I keep an 18" crescent in the jeep at all times. After install they should be checked every fill up for 1000 and usually good for every 3k forward.

I've had a few full sets of control arms in my rig. Loved the currie's big joints, really strong, but very expensive. Bought into the hype of metal cloak arms which were very nice, really smooth, quiet, and love the color. Synergy had the best install and adjustment by far but wanted something heavier. Of course, I had some hybrid arms made with huge JJ and really thick ass material. They don't have the sleeves for adj like the synergy but after having those my lengths were pretty much dialed.

What I'm trying to get at I suppose is this. For the money, buy the brackets. If you are going to buy control arms there are better options for hardly more cash. I too got caught up in the cost of them being under 200, and 700 for the set. Truth is for barely more I had way better arms built locally.

Just my case, I guess. I've spent way too much time and money as well as time under my jeep to get it where it is. Even bought many things multiple times, which is embarrassing.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:58 AM
JK Junkie

Has he ever complained about them loosening? That's one of my biggest concerns, is spending the time to get them dialed in for proper caster and then having to deal with them coming loose all the time. 12 reviews on Amazon and currently at 4.7 stars out of 5. So although, I feel more comfortable with the AEV name, much more so than Rough Country, if I can get some decent adjustable LCA's at a similar price range as correction brackets, that seems like a win/win for my purposes. Although the simplicity of just using the AEV brackets and being done with it, isn't a bad path to pursue either. http://www.amazon.com/Rough-Country-...ct_top?ie=UTF8 I've read some have had some problems with joints when the RC LCA's 1st came out, but those problems seem to have been fixed.
I will message him

Edit:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-347640331.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	648142  

Last edited by kjeeper10; 05-28-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
I will message him
Awesome thanks!!!. For the price, I'm thinking I could go with them and by the time I figure out if they're going to be a problem or not, I could always upgrade to replacement synergies, curries, etc in the future or turn around sell them and still get the AEV brackets.

I haven't really heard any bad things about them yet.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:54 AM
JK Junkie

Awesome thanks!!!. For the price, I'm thinking I could go with them and by the time I figure out if they're going to be a problem or not, I could always upgrade to replacement synergies, curries, etc in the future or turn around sell them and still get the AEV brackets. I haven't really heard any bad things about them yet.
I believe you can swap in JJ's (same threads)

Quick Reply: AEV Geo brackets vs RC X-Flex adjustable front LCAs