Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEV has some new stuff for the JK crowd

Old 12-05-2006, 09:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV has some new stuff for the JK crowd

I had owned 3 jeeps (90 Cherokee, 97 TJ4cyl, y2k TJ sahara) in the past, and didn't know what to think of a 4dr wrangler till I saw it at the NYC auto show. Not bad I thought and they solved the trunk space issue (my only issue with my old TJ). Then I saw the DCX CRD 3.0 pictures from SEMA. AMAZING that to me screamed JEEP. What made it for me (Besides a 3.0 disel) was the front bumper. Being a concept, I thought it would never be....MY recent web browsing brought me back to AEV who just updated the site. Now I just need to break down and buy a JK. I was excited though the rest here might be too.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:23 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, the AEV stuff is really nice. Too bad their website is so hard to use. I kept closing out of it when all I wanted to do was get back to the home page Oh well, I guess that's not what they specialize in away.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a nice looking bumper, a work of art. I just can't see paying $800 for a front bumper, and you have to buy the winch mount extra ($250) and it looks like you have to use the $299 skid plate to get optional tow points ($99)!!

Looks like you'd have about $1450 in a front bumper!! I'm I interpreting the website wrong? :confused:
Old 12-06-2006, 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Yeah, the AEV stuff is really nice. Too bad their website is so hard to use. I kept closing out of it when all I wanted to do was get back to the home page Oh well, I guess that's not what they specialize in away.
YEah...I kept doing the same thing. Non very intuitive. since I don't have a JK as of yet...I don't know what a good price for a good bumper would cost...but it does seem pricey.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:33 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
Looks like you'd have about $1450 in a front bumper!! I'm I interpreting the website wrong? :confused:
I'm waiting for LoD to come out with their JK bumpers just for that reason.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by wayoflife
I'm not having any problems. Kinda off subject, but I really like that brute kit.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

From AEV's site re: new bumper - "Retains factory airbag crush cans"

Can anyone tell me what these are? I thought the airbag sensors were mounted elsewhere. Are the crush cans the two "bumperettes" protruding from either side of the winch? Do they have something to do with the frame rail crumple extensions mentioned in the brochure?

Better yet - anyone have a pic?
Old 12-06-2006, 04:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

Here is a pic of some Land Rover crush cans. It is all I could find.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Just called and placed my order from AEV today... Looks like stuff wont be shipping until mid January.... I can't wait.

Quick Reply: AEV has some new stuff for the JK crowd