Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEV Hood

Old 02-13-2017, 02:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Hood

What's everyone's thoughts on the AEV Hood? Is it worth it?
Old 02-13-2017, 03:06 AM
JK Newbie

Well they are cool, but expensive. I chose a slightly less expensive version, but looks great
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170205_090505[1].jpg
Views:	333
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	666433   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170205_083504[1].jpg
Views:	326
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	666434   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170205_083450[1].jpg
Views:	376
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	666435  
Old 02-13-2017, 05:49 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are numerous options out there. I guess we need to know what you are trying to achieve before anyone can say if it is worth it or not.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pjandlarize
Well they are cool, but expensive. I chose a slightly less expensive version, but looks great
Your Jeep looks great. Thanks for the reply. What size pocket fenders do you have? Factory coverage? How do you like them?
Old 02-13-2017, 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TOTL Innovations
There are numerous options out there. I guess we need to know what you are trying to achieve before anyone can say if it is worth it or not.
Mainly to add a custom look to the Jeep.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:17 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WvuNeuro
Mainly to add a custom look to the Jeep.
Personally I dont think AEV is the way to go for a custom look just because they probably have the most number of hoods out there next to OEM. Heck there is even a non vented version of their hood sold on special edition JKs.

Our hood is the prefect combination of both aesthetics and function and will give your JK a custom look. Check out some of our customers' rigs:
2007+ Jeep Wranlger JK Hood Pictures
Old 02-13-2017, 06:25 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Wish all these hoods in general didn't cost so dang much. I like the looks of a lot of them, and love the functionality, but it's hard to compare spending multiple hundreds of dollars on a hood, then having to spend few hundy more to finish it with paint vs. getting a PS hood louver for $130 and calling it a day. Definitely not quite as sexy, but just as functional.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TOTL Innovations
Personally I dont think AEV is the way to go for a custom look just because they probably have the most number of hoods out there next to OEM. Heck there is even a non vented version of their hood sold on special edition JKs.

Our hood is the prefect combination of both aesthetics and function and will give your JK a custom look. Check out some of our customers' rigs:
2007+ Jeep Wranlger JK Hood Pictures

I used to have the Avenger hood, but when it rains, the water drops onto the spark plugs while the vehicle is parked... that caused issues over the two year period I had It. Loss of spark while the wiring is still wet and a mis fire or two... that tends to be embarrassing in a parking lot... So I switched to this one... it has special channels that allow the water to run off away from the electricals
Old 02-13-2017, 09:15 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

I used to have the Avenger hood, but when it rains, the water drops onto the spark plugs while the vehicle is parked... that caused issues over the two year period I had It. Loss of spark while the wiring is still wet and a mis fire or two... that tends to be embarrassing in a parking lot... So I switched to this one... it has special channels that allow the water to run off away from the electricals
what hood is that on yours?
Old 02-13-2017, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor

The Avenger hood is a cheap Chinese copy of our design. It does not have our hydra channels designed specifically to prevent water from getting into the engine bay. The picture below is a good illustration of our channels that act as a gutters catching water that comes in through the top vents and then channels that water either to the front above the radiator or to the back behind the factory weather stripping

Quick Reply: AEV Hood