Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

aev hood with rippmod supercharger?

Old 08-29-2008, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aev hood with rippmod supercharger?

I did a search and didnt see if it was answered. Will the Rippmod Supercharger work with the AEV hood? Also what are the pros and cons to this? AEV hood worth the money as well. Thanks guys

rockos
Old 08-29-2008, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rockos
I did a search and didnt see if it was answered. Will the Rippmod Supercharger work with the AEV hood? Also what are the pros and cons to this? AEV hood worth the money as well. Thanks guys

rockos

You don't need to run a AEV hood with the RIPP Supercharger, or any other afftermarket hood. It will fit under the stock one.

So to answer your question, YES the RIPP Supercharger will work with the AEV hood.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Are you sure?

Originally Posted by boots
You don't need to run a AEV hood with the RIPP Supercharger, or any other afftermarket hood. It will fit under the stock one.

So to answer your question, YES the RIPP Supercharger will work with the AEV hood.

I have the RIPP supercharger, but not the AEV hood, and I see that you have the hood, but not the supercharger. It looks to me like the AEV hood has lower clearances in the center than stock. The RIPP SC ductwork sits up higher, and needs all of the clearance of the stock hood.

Is anyone running both that can attest to this?
Old 01-30-2009, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OlegFl
Not exaclty true... you could still use the RR snorkel and cut the fender (as usual), just as of now, you cant use the AEV snorkel through the hood. I'm not sure but I don't think RIPP has a kit for the AEV snorkel yet.
I don't think a kit will be developed for the AEV snorkel along with the Ripp kit, because getting any sort of intake from the front of the engine bay, past the battery/electronics and SC intake plenums would be a serious PITA. If someone really wants a snorkel to work with the AEV hood and the RIPPS SC, they will need to cut the AEV hood and bring the snorkel in near the passenger side firewall.

The question still has yet to be answered? Is the clearance on the AEV hood enough of the RIPP SC to fit under? Once this is addressed, we can figure out how to make the snorkels work....for those of us that want one
Old 01-30-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Super Freak

ripp sc will fit under aev hood...had both
Old 01-30-2009, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
ripp sc will fit under aev hood...had both
There we have it....loud and clear!

Quick Reply: aev hood with rippmod supercharger?