Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Procal Tire Sizing

Old 01-08-2012, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Procal Tire Sizing

Hey Guys,

I tested my speedometer against a GPS and my speedometer reads slower then what the GPS does, so I am speeding without knowing it

So with the AEV Procal would that mean that the tire size I entered was to high or to low?

Thanks!
Mike
Old 01-08-2012, 02:05 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

when sizing your tire, make sure that you measure from the ground to the edge of the shoulder and NOT to the top of the tread or, what is listed on the sidewall.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

I am pretty close with my setting, its just off by a little and wanted to know if I should add or remove .25 if my speedo is currently reading to low.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by marmot74
I am pretty close with my setting, its just off by a little and wanted to know if I should add or remove .25 if my speedo is currently reading to low.
Try going up 0.25". I had the opposite problem (actual speed slower than indicated), and decreased the ProCal setting.

That said, it may take some trial and error.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have new 35's, so i set a level on top of the tire then measured down to the ground it was 34" exactly so using the calts procal sets for us i did the input and set it then road tested it with my GPS and it was right on the money gps reading 41 mph and so was the speedo it is perfect now.

Quick Reply: AEV Procal Tire Sizing