Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket alarm with immobilizer keyfob

Old 10-09-2018, 10:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aftermarket alarm with immobilizer keyfob

So it seems that in my neck of the woods cars get hit by passerbeys at night and burged. Looking to get an alarm to let me know that someone is trying to get in. Btw I dont have an alarm nor do I have electrical doors.

So what I wanna do is get an alarm that has the fob on the key itself. I know that I will have to program the new key to work on the immobilizer but thats not a difficult task. Problem is finding an aftermarket alarm with a keyfob
Old 10-10-2018, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I know a guy who had the kit below on a no option jeep. You get notifications (up to a mile away, I believe) about someone tampering with the vehicle. It has a lock and unlock button but that merely arms/ disarms the system. There's a write-up somewhere on the forums where a guy put it in by himself.

https://www.amazon.com/Viper-5706V-Security-Remote-System/dp/B00GT2GA6Q
Old 10-10-2018, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks - I need to clarify (or explain better). Looking to get an alarm that has a key and fob all in one - kinda like the stock one

Last edited by kejtar; 10-10-2018 at 06:21 PM. Reason: trying to get the key image in

Quick Reply: Aftermarket alarm with immobilizer keyfob