Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Consoles?

Old 06-12-2019, 12:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Consoles?

Hey Y'all,

So I've been a bit frustrated with my center console. I've got an '07 with a 6 speed, and the cupholders don't hold my 40oz tumbler (minor bummer), when I shift into 6th, my 30 oz tumbler will get knocked over if it's in the front holder (also minor bummer), and in general there isn't a lot of storage space. Also, I'd like to have some USB power going on....I don't think that that was stock in '07. :-P

Anyhow, I've seen a couple of aftermarket consoles, but I'm not really thrilled with either of the (apparently 2) options.

I HAVE ordered an overhead console to help me with space in general...help keep my sunglasses etc locked down, but if I could find a good aftermarket solution to my other issues, I'd be thrilled.

Whatch'all got?

TIA!!!!
Old 06-12-2019, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Am also eyeballing some convenience solutions. For now I plan on picking up This kit to run to the back of my head unit and put it between the cup holder and shifter ring or maybe sticking out of the center cubby area? You could probably run similar as a dedicated USB charging circuit off the lighter or add-a-circuit from your box.

As far as the cup holders I have been trying to find other inserts at least that do a bit better of a job of actually holding the cups in place but not having much luck. The ones on the backside of the console actually do a better job so I use those for my morning cans of wakeup juice.

I have long legs so I am actually appreciatve of having such little real estate in the middle if it means that extra inch on the driver's side so my focus has been on trying to improve what is already there

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Consoles?