Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AIRAID CAI Top plate is missing

Old 01-30-2014, 02:46 PM
N83
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got an email back from Airaid stating they'll sell me the top, seal, and bolts for $40. Doesn't sound like a horrible deal. Didn't someone already say that a CAI is bad around water? Maybe I should just sell the Airaid...
Old 01-30-2014, 02:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by N83
I got an email back from Airaid stating they'll sell me the top, seal, and bolts for $40. Doesn't sound like a horrible deal. Didn't someone already say that a CAI is bad around water? Maybe I should just sell the Airaid...
If it's open with no top like yours then yes. If you can close it and it can be used with a snorkel I'd go that route.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

the 12 and up Airaid marries to an AEV snorkel...but the top plate must be installed on the Airaid for the snork to do its intended job. So if u wanted to install an AEV snork but leave the Airaid plate off u could for day-to-day commuting. If you decided its offroad time put the plate on for snorklage. Considering that cool sound and marginal (if any) performance is all the Airaid really gives you...going full time snorkle is the best choice. I cant speak for others, but I have seen no change in performance loss, gain or mpg loss from running my Gen 2 AEV. Others might have differing experiences with theirs. If money was no object, I would probably combo the AEV and the Airaid just because I like the quality look of Airaid products.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

...and cutting the hood really is an easy task...and fun!
Old 01-31-2014, 04:03 AM
N83
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by A'sJK
...and cutting the hood really is an easy task...and fun!
Yeah, the verdict is still out on whether I want to do this, haha. I'm not worried about the difficulty, just the fact that I'd cut the hood of a vehicle that I just bought.

I think I'll be ordering the top plate from AIRAID this weekend. Thanks, all!
Old 01-31-2014, 04:15 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by N83
Yeah, the verdict is still out on whether I want to do this, haha. I'm not worried about the difficulty, just the fact that I'd cut the hood of a vehicle that I just bought. I think I'll be ordering the top plate from AIRAID this weekend. Thanks, all!
Can order the AEV hood. Already has the cut done and a sweet looking hood. Lol.

Quick Reply: AIRAID CAI Top plate is missing