Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Airaid Cold Air Intake

Old 03-01-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airaid Cold Air Intake

Anybody have experience with them? Here's a link to two for the new pentastars (I don't know the difference between the 2, if anybody does, please educate me!)

http://www.airaid.com/ProductDetail....ductID=311-132

http://www.airaid.com/ProductDetail....ductID=310-132

Looks good because it doesn't seem to be a cone intake but a box still.

inb4 stock intake is best
Old 03-01-2012, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Might the filter one has a dry filter the other a wet filter. That's the best guess I got.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by icerk
Might the filter one has a dry filter the other a wet filter. That's the best guess I got.
That's what I was thinking after I looked a little more into it. What's the difference between a wet and a dry filter?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wet filter is coated with oil. Dry filter is just as if states. They are both reusable and can be easily cleaned. The oil filter will need to be sprayed with an oil compound. I am running the airaid system in my 2011 with the dry filter. I like it and have noticed improvement.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is a picture
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3782252531.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	284111  
Old 03-02-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the wet filter airaid along with the poweraid throttle body spacer. After I put them on I noticed a decent improvement above 45-50mph. Also I thought that my MPG went down after the install, but I recently reprogrammed my Jeep with my procal after removing the negative cable from my battery and now I see that it improved it by about 1.5 MPG from what it was before installed. I'm guessing that I forgot to reprogram immediately after install so it showed a false MPG.

If you get the throttle body spaced, the CAI doesn't fit perfectly. Here is a picture so you can see what I mean.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120302_190448.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	284299

The rubber reducer is flexed a little, and the hose clamps they give you are a little to small to wrap all the way around the reducer and plastic intake tube.

Overall I recommend it though.

Quick Reply: Airaid Cold Air Intake