Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Airlutions brushless motor forced air intake

Old 02-22-2015, 10:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by haydhess
Oooops... -- that happened because of too much power applied by the electric fan...
Old 02-22-2015, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoysRig
What trail is that?
Moab - Metal Masher third hub stub ledge
Old 02-22-2015, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Default Airlutions success story

Originally Posted by GJeep
Oooops... -- that happened because of too much power applied by the electric fan...
Hah, funny man! Seriously though, two years before it was installed.... So show us your photo album Superman... Open invitation to take you on some serious runs here (reminder to bring extra underwear though!) Unlike me, remember to keep the greasy side down!

Last edited by Over the Top; 02-22-2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Over the Top
Hah, funny man! Seriously though, two years before it was installed.... So show us your photo album Superman... Open invitation to take you on some serious runs here (reminder to bring extra underwear though!) Unlike me, remember to keep the greasy side down!
I hope you understand that I'm kidding in good spirit.
I don't have videos, and almost no offroad pics, because I usually offroad with one more person. When it gets interesting, one of us is driving, the other is spotting. We just don't stop to take pics... I should start doing that too.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Let me start off by saying, You have a very nice jeep.

So don't take my questions the wrong way.

From an engineering standpoint, it's difficult to picture that thing being able to push the amount of air needed to net power gains.

Are you sure you did not have an underlying issue that seemed to go away after installing this device? Possibly needing additional tuning and in fact adding that device masked an underlying issue? Possibly the motor was running very rich and when that device was added, brought the air fuel ration closer to stoic/stoich?

Reason I ask this is You should not have had a flat spot in that hemi!
That hemi, properly tuned, should produce plenty of power for your jk.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:16 AM
ade
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Over the Top
There is some rash... Gotta expect that. Primarily its "learn by your mistakes" driving and the SIGNIFICANT offset on the tire (almost 3 inches of extension outside the wheel) and internal Staun bead locks. I get harassed all the time about the "mall crawler wheels." The vehicle has been on its side and into the wall a couple of times so no one's perfect.
Not having a pop about your "mall crawler wheels" as you call them, each to their own. Running Nittos on Method beads myself. Just never seen a set of 13,500 mile trailed wheels looking so clean and nice. Well never seen a set of 13,500 mile trailed wheels full stop.

Do you get a HOV sticker with the electric air intake, now that you are running a hybrid. (Sorry too good to pass up)...

Last edited by ade; 02-22-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default Airlutions Forced Air Intake Very Positive Experience

That's a great question!! Had to chuckle at that one!

I license for off-road use only. It was never intended to be my daily driver. I would not pass safety or emissions for a number of reasons, I don't assume the Airlutions product would effect that one way or the other. It is trailered everywhere it needs to be and has minimal highway driving 'cept at events that allow such, mainly here in the western US.

Won't be here for awhile, have business travels. Ya'll need to come down to Moab for break from it all. Seriously, make the effort to come on down. Also, we all need to band together to protect our access to our public lands. That is much more important than the tripe we are railin' about here! Please join you local land use Jeep clubs and coalitions like Blue Ribbon. Also, help protect Utah's lands for YOUR future access by joining the Utah Four Wheel Drive Association. After all, "Utah's trails ARE America's Trails!" And we are slowly losing our rights! Links below;

https://www.sharetrails.org/

Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association

Quick Reply: Airlutions brushless motor forced air intake