Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Airlutions brushless motor forced air intake

Old 09-21-2014, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airlutions brushless motor forced air intake

What's everyone's thoughts on this product by Airlutions? I know it won't be able to compete with a Ripp or Magnuson supercharger? Theoretically it should provide an improvement in power depending on how much air it can move? Opinions are welcome......

RAT Attack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2014, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Scares me a bit when it's described as "complete awesome, and professional install.", but I'd be very interested in some real world feedback from someone with it on their Jeep.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wouldn't even spend the money on it, just look up electric superchargers, they offer no improvements tested on multiple vehicles. Probably get more power just from a programmer for less money.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AdvJeep
Wouldn't even spend the money on it, just look up electric superchargers, they offer no improvements tested on multiple vehicles. Probably get more power just from a programmer for less money.
This.

There's a reason electric superchargers aren't more common, they just don't work.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:42 PM
-

I'd rather put this in my jeep instead of the electro charger..

Tornado Air :: More Power, More Mileage!

was that sarcastic enough?..
Old 09-21-2014, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Look up electric superchargers on YouTube. There are several people who have done reviews on them on a dyno, and they usually find that they actually LOSE performance because it restricts airflow. They just don't put out enough CFM to let the engine breath properly, let alone make boost.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Oh my god $1000 for that thing! Look if anyone has $1000 and they just don't like money please contact me and I will box something up and send it to you for half that. There is a reason that power adders are as expensive as they are. For a fraction of the cost of this thing you could take apart your sister's/wife's/mom's hair dryer and get the same outcome.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a sucker born every minute
Old 09-21-2014, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

I had never heard of them before. I saw someone post about it on IG. Swore by it. I didn't know it was a joke. Now I know. I always do my homework before I make an investment on anything. I read this forum weekly. Thanks for imparting your wisdom and smart ass comments. Always a good laugh.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2015, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

First, I have no financial or other interest in Airlutions out of Draper, UT. I had only met the owner of company a few weeks before my install. I am not an employee or have any relationship with their company. I have nothing to gain by posting here and had done significant research (looking at real results and statistics and proven Dyno sheets from several tests of client vehicles) BEFORE having this installed on my 2007 JK 6.1 Hemi. This is an exceptional product! The Airlutions Hybrid Forced Air Intake system is a phenomenal success with me! My JK has a 6.1 conversion from 2007-2008. For years I have dealt with a lack of throttle in the power band. This “dead zone” in the pedal was a constant source of irritation for me. There is wonderful initial power burst with the big engine and then as you push down the pedal there was no additional power until the engine lurched into overdrive! I was never able to address this problem after trying all kinds of fixes over the years. In addition, I had very pathetic gas mileage before getting the Airlutions product! Then I installed their Air Rat (apparently the product nickname). Everything changed immediately! WOW.... what a change this has been for me!! That "dead zone" in my throttle is completely gone!! I now have a highly responsive throttle ALL THE WAY THROUGH MY POWER BAND! In addition, I am constantly getting 5-8 better gas mileage immediately! In addition, I have noticed even more power than I have ever had before (have not done before and after Dyno as I have no motivation to do so). The Air Rat solved my problem! I really don’t know how I managed my Jeep without it! Immediately after installing the electronically controlled intake air turbine I took it out immediate and got on it. There has been no ongoing tuning or adjustment required. It has performed flawlessly! Again, I now have responsive power all the way through the power band into overdrive! I am sold on this product. Let me be clear. This is NOT a turbo and does not perform as other power enhancement products. So if you are looking for that huge burst of power. You will be sorely disappointed. That is not what it was designed for. It is extremely refreshing to work with someone who not only delivers exactly what is expected, but does so with enthusiasm and eagerness that resounds through their team! I cannot recommend Dan Whittington of Airlutions enough to anyone who is looking to increase throttle performance and significant fuel economy of their vehicle. It is indeed a positive experience to have this product on my JK and to experience the exact results represented. The added benefit is to have a person like Dan at the helm of the company who soes wjat they say they are going to do and then DO IT! Take a look at them and request the verifiable results from them directly instead of from other un-informed, biased unreliable sources. You are welcomed to call me directly to discuss. I can reached at 702.329.0776
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Rat Close up.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	597090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Rat 1.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	597091  

Last edited by Over the Top; 02-19-2015 at 03:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Airlutions brushless motor forced air intake