Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Alignment?

Old 04-26-2009, 09:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alignment?

If I am putting on new wheels, but keeping the same tires will I need an alignment?
Old 04-26-2009, 10:02 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In your case , I'd say yes. You've had so many probs I dunno what I could help you with. If you still have a prob after, gotta be the tires. You've pretty much covered everything else, hope this does it for you.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:40 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
If I am putting on new wheels, but keeping the same tires will I need an alignment?
You might better get one....I mean with that black cloud followin you around and all.......
Old 04-27-2009, 02:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Normally, no, but it wouldn't hurt to know your toe and caster settings and an alignment shop can provide that so you'll at least know where you're at. Hope it works for ya. What is the backspacing of your new wheels? Are they different from your old?
Old 04-27-2009, 05:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All joking aside, if you haven't had any alignment issues before. then NO....
Old 04-27-2009, 06:15 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Calypso
Normally, no, but it wouldn't hurt to know your toe and caster settings and an alignment shop can provide that so you'll at least know where you're at. Hope it works for ya. What is the backspacing of your new wheels? Are they different from your old?
I am running Pro Comp rock crawlers with 4.5 backspacing. I will be going to the Mopar steel wheels which have stock backspacing and are hubcentric.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:28 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TINMAN080
All joking aside, if you haven't had any alignment issues before. then NO....
Sorry , with all the probs Hellbound has had, I'd have to dissagree. Most of us can set out own toe and castor, I think he has aswell. He needs some proffesional help, his JK that is, uhh , maybe him too, I dunno. Just kiddin Hellbound, we're all on edge for u to find the problem. I think you've had more probs than anyone on here that has a highly modified JK, and yours is stock!

Quick Reply: Alignment?