Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment help

Old 06-17-2017, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkY3130
I haven't personally seen that on a JK, but at work with our big Mack trucks we find that a bad shock is usually what causes the every other lug wear pattern shown in that picture.
Shocks would be cheaper than ball joints… But I'd hate to throw parts at it like that
Old 06-17-2017, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Toe can be an issues, tire pressure, shocks. Lots of things that can cause tire wear.
So let's say for arguments sake that Neglectful tire pressure combined with out of spec toe is the root cause. Is 0.3 difference camber left to right something to be concerned about or would frequent tire rotations overcome this?
Old 06-17-2017, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

From my experience it's due to the tire not being balanced correctly, either by the shop that installed it or by losing a weight during driving. Had this happen to me it got so bad it felt like I was driving over train tracks. Only solution I know of is a new tire properly balanced with an alignment

Quick Reply: Alignment help