Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Am I missing anything?

Old 03-06-2012, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I missing anything?

So I am taking the leap. I bought a 2010 JK Unlimited Sport two weeks ago and I am going to put a lift on it with new tires.

I went with the 2.5" Teraflex lift with shock adaptors.
spidertrax 1.5" spacers.
Kelly TSR LT315/70R17 SAFARI TSR LR-D BSL.
I am planning on getting a superschipsprogrammer

Is there anything that I need that I am forgetting. I am going to use the stock wheels and paint them.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:00 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jason Moore
So I am taking the leap. I bought a 2010 JK Unlimited Sport two weeks ago and I am going to put a lift on it with new tires.

I went with the 2.5" Teraflex lift with shock adaptors.
spidertrax 1.5" spacers.
Kelly TSR LT315/70R17 SAFARI TSR LR-D BSL.

Is there anything that I need that I am forgetting. I am going to use the stock wheels and paint them.
Yea, your dignity after you go broke from all the mods
Old 03-06-2012, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going to add larger tires on it now or soon, I would check into the cost of tires on smaller rims that have the correct back-spacing; instead of spacers and the cost of tires on the larger (factory) rims. I did the math when I put KM2's on 15" alloys and came out within $60 (I think) to adding spacers and the more expensive tire sized KM2's on factory rims.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Have to agree with FoxRacingJMC!
Old 03-06-2012, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

hmm...15"ers huh. I thought about it a little here. Mine still has nearly new tires but I was thinking of dropping to 16's. I didn't think the 15's would give enough caliper clearance.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure if 315's wouldn't rub up front with only 1.5" spacers.
I have 285's with 1.5" spacers and Im very close to rubbing at full turn.
Like the above post mentionned if you wanna run tires as wide as 315's I would consider aftermarket rims with proper backspacing 4.5 or less.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xodius
hmm...15"ers huh. I thought about it a little here. Mine still has nearly new tires but I was thinking of dropping to 16's. I didn't think the 15's would give enough caliper clearance.
Caliper clearance is not a problem with alloys, why I said 15" alloys, as they would be with steel rims - steel rims are welded and not all the welds are exactly the same, so yes they can rub, but after two years of some hard wheelin' mine have never. There is a post on here from the Discount Tire guy pointing out the cost and difference of a 15" tire vs a 17" tire and spacer.

Quick Reply: Am I missing anything?