Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Ripp Question

Old 10-21-2011, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Ripp Question

Ok, I have a MOD I supercharger and it has been nothing but trouble. Now I have a squeek in it. So I replaced the pullies, that was not cheep by the way, and it still squeeks. Has anyone else had this problem. If it was not so hard to take out I would take it out and return it back to stock. but I spend so much money on this stupid thing I dont want to take it out, I dont even fell that much of a diffrence. Sorry I am just ranting.

But really did anyone have this issue and know what I can to do to fiix it.

Thank
Old 10-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK_2010
Ok, I have a MOD I supercharger and it has been nothing but trouble. Now I have a squeek in it. So I replaced the pullies, that was not cheep by the way, and it still squeeks. Has anyone else had this problem. If it was not so hard to take out I would take it out and return it back to stock. but I spend so much money on this stupid thing I dont want to take it out, I dont even fell that much of a diffrence. Sorry I am just ranting.

But really did anyone have this issue and know what I can to do to fiix it.

Thank
Sorry to hear -

No this is not a normal thing
  • So you have a belt squeak - ?
  • Did it squeak from day one or after an day of off roading in mud?
  • Does it squeak all the time
  • Who installed it?
  • What pulleys did you replace?
  • Did you try cleaning all the pulleys with brake clean, maybe there is oil or contamination on it

RIPPTECH
Old 10-21-2011, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

We thought it was a belt squeak but after replacing the belt and the pulleys the squeak is still there. I have been trying dealing with this for a year now. It squeaks most of the time, low speeds, high speeds, whatever. 4wheel parts in el paso tx installed it. I live in ohio now and have a guy working on it who has worked on them before. the pulleys we got were the little silver ones that the belt goes around to turn the supercharger. I paid over 100 bucks for each. yes we cleaned them. I have taken it off road but not through the mud, I do rock crawling and once I started hearing the noise I have not been off road in a while, I will just doing normal driving.

the guy working on it, left a message with one of your r&d guys. the shop that is working on it Trails West in ohio.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:08 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JK_2010
We thought it was a belt squeak but after replacing the belt and the pulleys the squeak is still there.
My RIPP SC started squeaking/squalling too, but it turned out to be the belt. I sprayed the fool out of it with NAPA Belt Dressing, and after the horrendous squalling from the initial spraying subsided, the squeak finally went away (takes 10-15 minutes of having your Jeep sound like it's about to fall apart before the howling diminishes and then disappears). Seems like I have to spray the belt every two to three months though when it begins to "chirp" just a little after start-up, because if left unattended, it will turn into a full blown squeak.

Is the squeak constant, or does it begin to diminish after you've been running and the engine compartment has heated up? If the latter, I'd bet on the belt (although the new one should have rectified your issue).
Old 10-24-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

yeah its not the belt
Old 10-24-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I dont want any squeaks! I just used ti its whistle....
Old 10-24-2011, 09:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

A stethoscope like they sell in the automotive sections will help you tremendously to figure out where your source of noise is.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

RIPP, When is SC for the 2011 Jeep coming out???????
Old 10-04-2017, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

Default Help

Did this ever get fixed? I'm in a year now dealing with RIPP and problems with the POS system. I too have the same dam thing, squeek, squeel, not the belt not the pulleys, even sent blower back to vortec, and it's ok too. Did I mention what a POS THIS RIPP SYSTEM IS!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Another Ripp Question