Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any opinions on the RE 2" lift?

Old 02-22-2007, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any opinions on the RE 2" lift?

While I sit and wait for delivery of my Sahara Unlimited I'm trying to narrow down the best and smallest lift options to accommodate BFG All Terrain T/A KOs in either the 285/65 18 or 305/65 18.

I know that SkyJacker, Superlift, BlackDiamond, Full Traction and Rubicon Express all have 2" kits. Here's the RE kit:

And I'm still confused as to whether I'd be better off with a so-called leveling kit to lift the front end only to remove the rake, or put on a true 2" lift kit.

Help?:confused:

Happy Thursday,
Adam
Old 02-22-2007, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Skyjacker 2" BB lift. I like it very much.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

From what I have seen its not out yet. Atleast that is what one retailer told me. I just recieved the 2" Skyjacker kit w/ Hydro shocks and will go on soon, I hope!
Old 02-22-2007, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

I checked into the RE 2" kit and I like what I have found. The sales person at RE said that the front spacers are actually 2.5" while the back spacers are 1.75" which will level the jk out. The other lifts I have found require a second spacer up front to level the jk. In my opinion, adding extra spacers is like stacking wooden blocks, the higher you stack them the more unstable they become. The new shocks with the RE kit will help with the larger tire size. I am seriously considering the RE 2" kit with 34" tires. That is, if my jeep ever arrives!!
Old 02-23-2007, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

is the RE kit actually out ?
Old 02-23-2007, 06:07 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the full traction 2 inch and the teraflex 2.5 inch budget kits becuase I had originally planned to run the 2.5 inch front spacers and the 1.5 rear spacer from the FT kit. The FT kit is nice but in my opinion the teraflex design and materials are far superior. It looks like a lot more thought went into the teraflex kit and shape of the spacers. A nice feature about the FT kit tho is that the front spacers are 2 inch and ther rear spacers are 1.5 inches. They atleast put a little thought into removing the rake.

Last edited by TEV; 02-23-2007 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered the RE 2" and it was $515.00 for the monotube shocks. We'll see if it is worth the $$$.

Quick Reply: Any opinions on the RE 2" lift?