Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any suggestion for getting a lift kit?

Old 04-09-2010, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you think about the 5" short arm lift kit from Fabtech? How is it handling with 37" tires?
Old 04-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sanyezhong
What do you think about the 5" short arm lift kit from Fabtech? How is it handling with 37" tires?
The higher you go with short arms, the worse the handling, ride quality will become.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

My jeep is my daily driving car, so I need it for a good road handling very much, if the 5" short arm won't suit me, what about the Full Traction 4" Ultimate Suspension System? Do I need to replace the drive shaft as well?
Old 04-09-2010, 08:55 AM
JK Jedi Master

My jeep is my daily driving car, so I need it for a good road handling very much, if the 5" short arm won't suit me, what about the Full Traction 4" Ultimate Suspension System? Do I need to replace the drive shaft as well?
it doesnt matter on who makes the lift.,.. its the height of the kit that makes the difference
if its a 2 door yes, 4 door with a 6 speed, you can get away without it..

Nice riding kit too
Old 04-09-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. In fact, I am considering two brand of lift kits, they are 4" Ultimate kit from FT and 4" long arm kit from Rancho? The different is FT kit is a short arm system with all the repalcement control arms, but the Rancho kit is a long arm system with rear mounted upper tri-link, however, they are at the same price range. Which one of them has better performance on and off the road?
Old 04-09-2010, 09:34 AM
JK Jedi Master

Thanks for the reply. In fact, I am considering two brand of lift kits, they are 4" Ultimate kit from FT and 4" long arm kit from Rancho? The different is FT kit is a short arm system with all the repalcement control arms, but the Rancho kit is a long arm system with rear mounted upper tri-link, however, they are at the same price range. Which one of them has better performance on and off the road?
Rancho's a fixed Radius arm in the front, which limits flex. Search Radius arms for that debate. You need a new exhaust for that kit which would bump the cost up.

the 4" kit will flex and ride nicely on the road, it comes with everything except for the shocks, which you have two options to buy.,

Last edited by Piginajeep; 04-09-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, I knew that Rancho kit needs a new exhaust, in fact, the exhaust I'm using is already an aftermarket product from Gibson, as the matter of fact, I don't think is a good idea just take out for an optional new lift kit installation purpose. So, I may look more for FT system, by the way, can I still keep the shocks from RE 2" lift system for the FT 4"?
Old 04-09-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Jedi Master

Yes, I knew that Rancho kit needs a new exhaust, in fact, the exhaust I'm using is already an aftermarket product from Gibson, as the matter of fact, I don't think is a good idea just take out for an optional new lift kit installation purpose. So, I may look more for FT system, by the way, can I still keep the shocks from RE 2" lift system for the FT 4"?
you'll need longer ones
Old 04-09-2010, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do you think the shocks are the same for RE 2" and 3.5" system, becasue I'm using RE 3.5" lift with the old shocks from 2" lift right now, and I feel okay when doing some bumping on and off the road.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:58 AM
JK Jedi Master

Do you think the shocks are the same for RE 2" and 3.5" system, becasue I'm using RE 3.5" lift with the old shocks from 2" lift right now, and I feel okay when doing some bumping on and off the road.
I dont know the length of the RE shocks, give FT a call with the measurements, they can tell you if they'll work or not

Quick Reply: Any suggestion for getting a lift kit?