Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anybody get their AEV wheels yet?

Old 04-11-2007, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Local,
Why not make one more call to AEV to discuss the issue with them and see what they say?
Call Mike at the Detroit office and send him the pics and see how it turns out. Then let us know. I'll PM you his contact information so you can talk with him.
I've spoken with these guys about warranty and such and they seem to be different today than when you had your issue 2 years ago.
If this takes place then it would be good updated information for all of us!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nota4re
Here 'ya go....

Did you have a rubicon TJ w/ an AEV bull-bar before? I remember the driveway and the basketball hoop from the Ebay auction pix. Those were some great shot of your TJ in Moab.

EDIT: It had a Hemi too, right?

Last edited by AZCA jeeper; 04-11-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luckie44
Local,
Why not make one more call to AEV to discuss the issue with them and see what they say?
Call Mike at the Detroit office and send him the pics and see how it turns out. Then let us know. I'll PM you his contact information so you can talk with him.
I've spoken with these guys about warranty and such and they seem to be different today than when you had your issue 2 years ago.
Great idea. Certainly couldn't hurt anything. If they "change their mind" about doing the right thing I would reconsider my previous post. Better late than never, as they say.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by skibum
I don't think I will buy any of their products. A company who won't step up to the plate and do the right thing by their customers is not deserving of my money. I'm very tired of doing research and development for the people I spend my money with. It doesn't matter to me that they have changed wheel manufacturers, they should not have left you holding a $1200 ball. DCX has done the same thing with me regarding my JK. "Sorry for the problems...our quality has improved greatly, etc." But, fixing the problems on '08 JKs does me no good just like AEV changing wheel manufacurers does you no good. NOPE, from now on I will carefully research anyone I plan to spend any significant money with. Thanks for the heads up.

well they sell a 1200.00 dollar bumper that people are having to cut to fit there JK? guess they still let there customers do the R&D
Old 04-12-2007, 02:40 AM
JK Newbie

Local,
Sure, I have no problem calling Mike, and I am right outside of Detroit. I would be more than willing to even let him inspect the wheels. I have not got anything to hide, as all I have said is true. And I will gladly report back as to the outcome.

And to be fair to Mike, shoot him a link to this thread so he has a heads up. I think it would only be fair to him to read what is being said. He may not have been around when I bought my wheels. I don't believe AEV had a Detroit office at that time. I think all of my contact with them was out of California, but I could be mistaken. It has been awhile for me.

If Mike wants to, we could maybe even meet up at my wife's work place over in Plymouth MI for an inspection. I am sure Mike may even know a few of the guys there. I know that there are more then a few guys that work with my wife, including her, that will back up the wheel problem. As they were pretty vocal as to the short life span of the wheels. Nothing better than in person, non affected party witnesses to back up a guys story!

Shoot me the info. And I would be more than willing to give you my info to shoot to Mike. And again, I would hope that Mike gets a heads up on this thread. I am not looking for a confritation, as I could have done that back then if time would have permitted, but it is a little late for that.

If nothing else, maybe you guys could get an extended warranty out of your AEV products or at least your wheels. Eating $1200 didn't hurt me financially, it was the point of the matter and backing ones product that burned me. But, we are not all in the same posistion financially. As $1200 is still allot of money, and these Jeeps ain't cheap. All of us should have confidence in these expensive add ons we purchase, and should have confidence in the vendor to back up these products. Unfortunately, that is not always the case.

Mike

Last edited by localnet; 04-12-2007 at 03:02 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

makes me condider cancelling my order for wheels!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default PM to mike...

Originally Posted by billycj7
makes me condider cancelling my order for wheels!
Not me man, I've spoken to the guys at AEV and I will wait and see how it all plays out first! I know they have at least a one year warranty on all of their current wheels. Being patient...
Originally Posted by localnet
Sure, I have no problem calling Mike, and I am right outside of Detroit. I would be more than willing to even let him inspect the wheels. I have not got anything to hide, as all I have said is true. And I will gladly report back as to the outcome.

And to be fair to Mike, shoot him a link to this thread so he has a heads up. I think it would only be fair to him to read what is being said. He may not have been around when I bought my wheels. I don't believe AEV had a Detroit office at that time. I think all of my contact with them was out of California, but I could be mistaken. It has been awhile for me.

If Mike wants to, we could maybe even meet up at my wife's work place over in Plymouth MI for an inspection. I am sure Mike may even know a few of the guys there. I know that there are more then a few guys that work with my wife, including her, that will back up the wheel problem. As they were pretty vocal as to the short life span of the wheels. Nothing better than in person, non affected party witnesses to back up a guys story!

Shoot me the info. And I would be more than willing to give you my info to shoot to Mike. And again, I would hope that Mike gets a heads up on this thread. I am not looking for a confritation, as I could have done that back then if time would have permitted, but it is a little late for that.

If nothing else, maybe you guys could get an extended warranty out of your AEV products or at least your wheels. Eating $1200 didn't hurt me financially, it was the point of the matter and backing ones product that burned me. But, we are not all in the same posistion financially. As $1200 is still allot of money, and these Jeeps ain't cheap. All of us should have confidence in these expensive add ons we purchase, and should have confidence in the vendor to back up these products. Unfortunately, that is not always the case.

Mike
Mike, I sent you a PM with the contact information and look forward to what they say or how they address the situaion this time around. Look bro, I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm just like everyone else and would like to know these cats are reputable these days, even if they have had prior issues. I've owned my own business and I understand issues but service and quality are tops for longevity! Keep us posted on how it turns out.
Also when I called to inquire about my order I did ask about warranty and mentioned that there was a situation on this message board about some bad wheels that got into the market. So he is aware of the thread!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Not me man, I've spoken to the guys at AEV and I will wait and see how it all plays out first! I know they have at least a one year warranty on all of their current wheels. Being patient...

Mike, I sent you a PM with the contact information and look forward to what they say or how they address the situaion this time around. Look bro, I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm just like everyone else and would like to know these cats are reputable these days, even if they have had prior issues. I've owned my own business and I understand issues but service and quality are tops for longevity! Keep us posted on how it turns out.
Also when I called to inquire about my order I did ask about warranty and mentioned that there was a situation on this message board about some bad wheels that got into the market. So he is aware of the thread!
Just curious, what did he say? And I will give him a call.

Mike
Old 04-12-2007, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

To All interested,

I just called Mike @ AEV. He was not available, probably at lunch. I left a brief message with my phone number, and directed him to this web site and particular thread.

I would rather he read what is going on here before I speak with him, in all fairness I think this is the right thing to do. I don't do ambushes, and do not appreciate it when people do that to me.

I too own a business, and like to keep things above board. Besides, Mike may not have been at AEV when this particular wheel problem went down.

Mike
Old 04-12-2007, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Better news! I just talked to one of the guys at AEV. I was really curious about the new wheels and when I could expect mine to be here. I had a long discussion with him feel very comfortable that any problems that there MAY have been in the past have all been resolved! THEY are manufacturing their own wheels now and have been for the last couple years. They have had NO problems with the new wheels since changing to manufacturing them on their own. I feel much better now and have complete confidence in my purchase. They still ahve a lifetime structural warranty and one year on the finish. He said that the new 17's should be recieved and start shipping the last week apr- 1 st week of march.

Quick Reply: Anybody get their AEV wheels yet?