Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

anybody run interco/super swamper tires

Old 10-26-2007, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody run interco/super swamper tires

Can i get some input on people who are running interco/super swamper tires. Tell me which model you are running and it's performance/ride on and offroad.

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran 35 inch TSL/SX glass belts on my old YJ. They were awesome off road. If I had a total off road Jeep again, I would run these. For some on road use I would not. I'm going back to BFG's with their new MT design, (BFG no longer makes an MT in the old design larger than 33's). Here is a list of likes and dislikes with the TSL's. Note: these are a no compromise tire.

- Excellent air down capability. I could comfortable go to 4 psi with no bead locks. My BFG MT's I would not go below 12 psi
- Excellent traction on rocks or mud
- Excellent side wall protection from sharp objects
- Sounds like a Cessna on the road
- Hard to balance. I had to go to internal tire sand bags like the trucker use
- Flat spot. Most likely a function of the glass belt. After sitting overnight, they would fell like "square" tires for the first hundred yards or so. “Flintstone” tires

Quick Reply: anybody run interco/super swamper tires