Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Trektop Pro Hybrid for a 2-door?

Old 03-27-2022, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a Trektop Pro Hybrid for a 2-door?

I installed my brand new Trektop Pro Hybrid top on my 2014 JK 2-door yesterday. I've got two areas where the instructions don't match up with my parts. The first is the routing of the spring cable. The drawings in the installation manual make no sense, and every single install video for this top is for the JKU, which has different door surrounds. If anyone has a pic of the cable routing I'd really be forever in your debt.

Second, the instructions indicate there is supposed to be straps to secure around the soundbar, but my top didn't come with any straps. Was this a modification that came later, or a misprint in the instructions? Or did I get a defective top?

Thanks!

Charles.
Old 03-29-2022, 07:07 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Have you reached out to Bestop customer service? Those are nice tops, but sure don't see many folks around with them.
Old 03-30-2022, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Looks like they changed the design without updating the manual. They're supposed to send me a photo of the correct routing.

Charles.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

Just as an update, Bestop support kinda sucks, but the top itself is amazing. I'm very happy with it. Having a glass rear window on hydraulic struts, but still a soft top that can be taken down to nothing quickly and put back together if it rains? Thjat's a game changer for me.

Charles.
Old 09-27-2022, 01:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

That's nice to know. I would keep my trektop NX glide on for a longer season, but I hate the process of unclipping the plastic rear window to gain access to the back. So when mid September rolls around it's back with the hard top. I actually preferred the rear window zippers that my older so drop had. I could unzip them part way and flip the window up on top for loading groceries.
Old 09-28-2022, 04:44 AM
JK Newbie

I installed that top on my 2008 JK one year ago. Love the top, no zippers, glass windows, quieter.
Mine doesn't have straps for the sound bar either. Guess they eliminated them. No problems without the strap so far...
I'm having one problem, the mounts for the rear window struts are "glued" through the rear window and the glue failed allowing the mount to twist in the glass. The force of the strut causes the mount to rotate and when the geometry becomes bad enough the strut mount fails and the strut comes off the mount. I tried to contact Bestop by PM for information, no answer. I will try again by phone.

Anyone else seeing the same problem?
Old 03-19-2023, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

Not so far. My rear window hinges do rotate sometimes if I'm not careful when installing, but I've had no problems with the gas struts.

Charles.
Old 02-02-2024, 02:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by waynesworld
I installed that top on my 2008 JK one year ago. Love the top, no zippers, glass windows, quieter.
Mine doesn't have straps for the sound bar either. Guess they eliminated them. No problems without the strap so far...
I'm having one problem, the mounts for the rear window struts are "glued" through the rear window and the glue failed allowing the mount to twist in the glass. The force of the strut causes the mount to rotate and when the geometry becomes bad enough the strut mount fails and the strut comes off the mount. I tried to contact Bestop by PM for information, no answer. I will try again by phone.

Anyone else seeing the same problem?
I recently bought a Jeep with this top and both my struts pop off. Did you find a solution ?
Old 02-02-2024, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

I contacted Bestop, they sent me a new rear window, struts, and mounts. IMO you can't ask for better support. The new parts have been on for almost a year and no more problems. I THINK the glue used in the mounts was the problem.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Trektop Pro Hybrid for a 2-door?