Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running this lift?

Old 02-27-2019, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running this lift?

I have the old long arm kit where the upper and lower arms are connected.

Been pretty happy with it so far but really wish I had more flex in the rear.

The rear shock does not drop very much at full droop while the front fully extends the rubber boot.

Is anyone running this or a similar setup?

The main difference is in the control arms. They are longer, 4 link, and angled now.

Thanks.

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-long-arm-upgrade-kit-78600u.html
Old 02-27-2019, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

I believe you mean you have a radius arm system up front. As for the rear, it usually isn't the control arms that limiting your axle travel. Have you made sure your brake lines aren't acting like limiting straps? Or the rear anti-sway bar?
Old 02-27-2019, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
I believe you mean you have a radius arm system up front. As for the rear, it usually isn't the control arms that limiting your axle travel. Have you made sure your brake lines aren't acting like limiting straps? Or the rear anti-sway bar?
Was going to disconnect the rear sway bar but read it does not make a major difference in flex but does make the drive considerable worse.

You made me want to run and check my break lines haha. No but they are good.

I will say I broke a rear upper control arm bracket once and that added a bit more flex. Was at full droop and the axle dropped quite a bit when the bracket broke.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Correct, the anti-sway bar shouldn't make a difference if it's got the correct size links installed. If you still have factory links, it could limit axle movement. I'm still doubtful that the control arms are what's limiting your travel.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:18 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Disconnect the shocks and verify that they have travel left in them? (rather than just looking at the boots)
Loosen the bolts on the control arms ( while sitting on the ground under vehicle weight) and verify they aren't bound up?

Quick Reply: Anyone running this lift?