Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running the PSC ram assist on a JK?

Old 01-02-2014, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running the PSC ram assist on a JK?

Looking to add the ram assist to my 2009 JK, they rebuilt the steering box and ported it for the ram assist, just want to see if anyone else is running it yet and get some feed back, thanks
Old 01-02-2014, 12:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know theres people running it, but cant speak on how it handles, mines all sitting in my garage, debating wether i am going to install or not. hopefully they can chime in. what size ram do you have, that will help others chime in on how it will handle. Are you running the stock pump or psc pump?
Old 01-02-2014, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

My box is at PSC right now getting built and ported, if I do it I'll buy their kit so the ram that comes with their kit
Old 01-02-2014, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the redneck ram cause im cheap,but it has worked flawlessly and drives like a dream.
Have done a few 1700 mile trips and lots of wheeling with no problems.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

What's the redneck ram? lol
Old 01-02-2014, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by joentuff
What's the redneck ram? lol
hydrosteering
Click on that /\ its a link.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:56 PM
JK Jedi

i agree with jkphotoshoot. Im cheap, id drill and tap my own box then buy everything else needed for like 2-3 hundred bucks and install.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

I've heard differences in how these affect steering, some say this makes it feel firmer, I've also read that it makes it twitchy, crazy difference so anyone have an opinion?
Old 01-02-2014, 02:01 PM
JK Jedi

I've heard differences in how these affect steering, some say this makes it feel firmer, I've also read that it makes it twitchy, crazy difference so anyone have an opinion?
ive never driven a FULL hydro, but can say a hyrdo assist with return to center is not twitchy or bad in my opinion. Yes it will turn very easy and that may take some getting used to. both set ups should feel very firm as its essentialy a rock solid steering stabilizer you control when it lets the steering move..
Old 01-02-2014, 02:12 PM
JK Freak

Mine is not twitchy at all. If anything its more stable. My wife drove my jeep when we moved from Mississippi to Utah and she said it drove better than it ever has.
I think the smaller 1.5 ram is a bit quicker than the 1.75. If I remember right.
I put a new pump on mine when I installed it and the only thing I notice is the lag trying to turn lock to lock really fast while creeping along. Like trying to park. Sitting still with tire against a tree it will push it away from tree.
Otherwise its been great.

Quick Reply: Anyone running the PSC ram assist on a JK?