Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB Bar with 37 Tires rubbing

Old 05-20-2009, 12:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ARB Bar with 37 Tires rubbing

People with ARB bar running 37" Tires does ur tires rub with 37? Mine are rubbing badly so i am thinking 2 options LOD stubby or chop chop also noticed the rear tire rub on the stock bumper as well which i am replacing with LoD shorty also

now where is David

check my video of the rubbing

next crossing river

Old 05-20-2009, 04:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this same bumper. It would be hard for me to part with it due to the rubbing. I love this bumper! I think chop chop would be in order

Your fender flares also need some chopping as well

Keep us posted.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:18 AM
JK Freak

the fender flares are the proto type I have Xenon flat fares. These proto type flares are really good. They are 100% unbreakable and scratch proof. Easy to install and clean mud. Final product would be next week.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:19 AM
JK Super Freak

It just occured to me. Maybe you could push the bumper about a half an inch further out and drill in new holes to keep it in place
Old 05-20-2009, 04:22 AM
JK Freak

actually i took off the inner plates which add extra strength. even than it is rubbing. it never used to rub on stock axles since i have upgraded to D60 this is happeneing.

But I am going with LoD front and rear shorty bumpers.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

I hate to be the one to say this, but you are rubbing more than just the bumper, you are rubbing everywhere. You dont have enough lift to clear those tires. You need to go back down to 35's or get another 2 inches of lift somewhere. I would love to have 37's on mine, and tey would fit for daily driving, but the second I start flexing they would be doing exactly what yours are doing.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:38 AM
JK Freak

I am running FT 4" lift with Xenon flat fares which clears the 37 easy. Maybe you are looking at the proto type flares which are not high clearence. But having said that i will have a look.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:45 AM
JK Newbie

Those look like stock flares from the video, I could be mistaken though. The FT is a great qulity lift and 4" should be more than enough for 37's but for some reason you look to still be rubbing on the fenders, bumper, and rocker n the back. Have you taken into account how much the springs have settled with all your gear (4dr, hard top, heavy bumper/winch, heavy spare)? I have never heard of FT lift giving less than advertised hight, but all springs have there limits.

I am not trying to critique you, just trying to help you problem solve, please dont take it the wrong way.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Zak
I am running FT 4" lift with Xenon flat fares which clears the 37 easy. Maybe you are looking at the proto type flares which are not high clearence. But having said that i will have a look.
In the video you have the factory flares. With the Xenons this shouldn't be a problem.

You say that there was no rubbing with the D44s, but now with the D60s? You should talk to the guys at Solid about this. Most axel companies take these details into consideration before building your axels. You got me worried now since I plan to upgrade to D60s and 37" tires

Maybe a little more lift and some wheel spacers could also fix the rubbing on the bumper.

Oh, I forgot you have your mind set on the LODs
Old 05-20-2009, 02:48 PM
JK Freak

Nope they are not stock flares they new proto type flares and you just simply cant break them. They flex and scratch proof. we drove a jeep over them and nothing happened.

D60 unsprung weight could be an issue. the springs are fine. In the future i will go with king coilovers so should be all good.

Quick Reply: ARB Bar with 37 Tires rubbing